• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jason LaCanfora: Where do Panthers go from here

TheSpecialJuan

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

This would be a disaster. 

I don't agree. The mistake in hiring Rhule besides hiring him in the first place was giving him a 6 year contract. That is what happens when you bring in a high profile college guy. They get way overpaid in college and to compete you have to do the same. If you decided to keep Wilkes on a 1 or two year prove it deal you aren't stuck long - term and most times guys in a contract year overperform. 

I wish everyone was on a performance based contract that incented everyone to play or coach like they were in a contract year.

Edited by panthers55
  • Pie 2

11 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

I figured this would happen when Wilks was hired. I would not be shocked if he gets the job because of the front office dynamic. All he needs to do is win 3 games

Nah, he has to get more than that.  

you aren’t going to be able to sell the guy who got us to a 4 win season conclusion off 3 back to back to back 5 win seasons as the next HC.   

1 minute ago, amcoolio said:

*Any* NFL coaching job is attractive. I don't buy for a minute that Carolina has red flags or is unattractive. There's only 32 gigs in the world. There will be lots of highly qualified candidates that want the job

For real…When a coach is fired what job is easy? 9 times out of 10 it’s because something needs to be fixed and you have to work as a head coach.

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Nah, he has to get more than that.  

you aren’t going to be able to sell the guy who got us to a 4 win season conclusion off 3 back to back to back 5 win seasons as the next HC.   

For a team with no qb and a record of 11-27 the last two and half years. 3-8 is pushing it the rest of the way with the teams schedule.  

31 minutes ago, Tarheel119 said:

This would be incredibly stupid. You don’t trade away good, young talent!

Just depends who we let go. He’s gonna be expensive and I’d rather keep, but if you get a mid round first offer there would be a conversation to be had.