• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With Anderson now gone, who's next?

davos

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Wouldn't bet on anybody right now, honestly.

Mind you, I wouldn't wager on many of Matt Rhule's guys surviving the offseason.

Most of them aren't even under contract for next season. 

Free agents include Darnold, Erving, Chandler, Franklin, and Walker. Robbie already got shipped out. Probably cut Chubba. I think we'll end up keeping Elf because he's proven to be a decent-to-good center and the OL will continue developing continuity.

I saw someone float the idea of the Ravens getting CMC which would be a rather interesting team.  They've often been mentioned/rumored for DJ, but Lamar & McCaffrey with that screen game of theirs would be scurrry.  Just look what ole' Kenyon Drake was able to do, and then imagine CMC there.  They'd give BUF a run for their money.   

9 minutes ago, Vox said:

Bad cap situation in 2023 and Shaq Thompson saves us the most money (13m). He's the most logical choice if he's not traded or cut he probably gets extended to lower his cap hit for next year.

I think he's an extension waiting to happen. He's played well and has steadily improved, IMO. At 28, I could see him signing a 3 year extension to keep him around through 2026 and clear up some cap space next year. 

16 minutes ago, davos said:

Who do we see as being the next to punch their ticket out of this lovely completely not-awful situation?

Options:

• No one, this was an obvious move, but should probably hold on to the big names/core talent
  • CMC (I'm sure him and Olivia would love LA or Miami)
  • Shaq Thompson 
  • Brian Burns (Contract year, no new deal yet--core piece?)
  • Ben McAdoo via firing or he just decides to stay home and doesn't come back
  • DJ Moore
  • Other, explain

Please don't trade CMC for peanuts. We already have a reputation as being marks for getting conned into taking terrible deals. Now that Rhule is gone, please don't underscore that belief. I don't mind dropping Robbie for nothing because he was a distraction but let's stop it there. You want our guys, bring some real draft capital to the table. 

Personally I would love to see CMC with KC for his sake. Can you imagine him in that offense with an actual QB and coach? Even though it would suck not having him here, it would be exciting to watch him thrive and vie for a championship. Their first would be a late round pick and maybe we could get an additional 3rd or 4th next year or 2023. No clue if they have the cap or could make it work but that’s my hope. 

also DJ Moore to Green Bay makes a lot of sense. 

2 minutes ago, FattyFatFat said:

Personally I would love to see CMC with KC for his sake. Can you imagine him in that offense with an actual QB and coach? Even though it would suck not having him here, it would be exciting to watch him thrive and vie for a championship. Their first would be a late round pick and maybe we could get an additional 3rd or 4th next year or 2023. No clue if they have the cap or could make it work but that’s my hope. 

also DJ Moore to Green Bay makes a lot of sense. 

KC already has their CMC with Isiah Pacheco and Jerrick Mckinnon and at pennies on the dollar. 

Edited by TheCasillas