• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Article

Jay Roosevelt

Just read this article on Yahoo about Bryce Young: https://sports.yahoo.com/bryce-youngs-nfl-draft-prospects-are-dogged-by-questions-about-his-size-and-thats-about-it-173848416.html

It's about something I think is going to be a major question for us this off-season: Young's size.

Young is pretty clearly the most NFL-ready QB in this draft. If he were a few inches taller and a few pounds heavier I think he'd be the slam-dunk #1 pick.

Which begs the question: just how important are those few inches and pounds? Enough to bypass Young in favor of a Will Levis or C.J. Stroud?

I'm starting to think the answer may be no.

• Pie 2

Tons of potential but as a fanbase that has now seen several smaller lighter quarterbacks fed to the wolves behind our patchwork oline let's go another route. Darnold is 6'3 and even he's taken a beating and missed time. Granted he had the same durability issues with the Jets but this oline is still a work in progress at best for the time being.

• Pie 1

If he's small in college he's going to be a midget in the nfl. He's got talent I'll give him that.

Whoever takes him will be taking a chance that even if he can play at that level he will be a serious injury risk. 

I think if you take him you should be ready to draft his replacement the very next draft to cover your ass.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

I definitely think size is an issue, but if he’s got arm talent then it can be overlooked. I have read mixed reviews on BYs arm strength, is it a strength or weakness of his? 

thats the point, his size cannot be overlooked, he is a midget.  5'10 180 lbs that poo is a disaster in the nfl

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2