• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC to the 49ers

Ricky Spanish

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

Wilks should probably prepare for unemployment tba.

This only helps Wilks.  Before this, the teams performance was going to be compared to the first five games, like last week's O with an actual negative average depth of target.

Now Wilks has his excuse for the tank, and with the compensation being less than a 1st, Wilks has more proof that the league sets him up to fail.

This is nothing but good for Wilks.

Now if Wilks wins any games he will be hailed as a miracle worker.

6 minutes ago, Dragoon11 said:

Oh, the typical, "you don't REALLY watch football" comment, can expect at least two of those per subject. If our coaches were half as smart as our huddlers just imagine how kick ass this team would be.

I was being a bit facetious, obviously Foreman is no CMC, but a lot of people said the same thing when Derrick Henry got hurt and Foreman filled in great. Foreman could easily have a 100 yard rushing game, regardless of scheme, he's a very capable RB and has pretty good hands. Albeit, our coaching staff may start Hubbard, lol. Point is... does it REALLY matter? What the hell were we winning WITH CMC? Even if he was 100% of our offense.

I'm 49 years old... why the HELL would I be a "Madden player"? I have too much responsibility kid. And trust me, I've watched the game for a long damn time.

I can’t think of any other reason why someone would say something like Foreman is CMC with similar stats other than not understanding football.

CMC literally just took an entire mid section of a teams’ draft, in 2022, and paid 20m a year…AND to a team that was already stripped, meaning even more value to them.

Teams don’t do that for just anyone…that was my point. It’s not just about the numbers. CMC will elevate the entire offense and give a lot more options, mismatches and force the opposing DC to pay attention.

The casual fan looks at numbers, where as knowing a bit more will notice these things. We couldn’t trade Forman for a conditional 7th if we tried.

53 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

He lost half a step? Adding Lance adds to our cap? We aren't resigning him, he's on a rookie contract. Bro, chill. You have no clue what you're talking about. Go back to playing madden and listening to Paul Finebaum. The grown ups are talking here.

I hate Paul Finebaum, and I hate Madden. Been older a lot longer than I’ve been younger. I know emotions are high for a lot of people tonight who love CMC and didn’t want to see him go/wanted more in draft compensation.  To be honest, part of me wishes we had kept him at least one more season. This trade was probably the most we were ever going to get from him at this stage of his career. My phone has been blowing up from 49ers fans who are PISSED because they gave up those pics for McCaffrey when they need offensive and defensive lineman. Same thing being said for their message boards and Twitter/FB/Instagram pages. It may not feel like it, but we fleeced them all thing considered. I know everyone will agree it’s gonna suck to watch this team for the rest of the season (and it was already bad with McAdoo’s BS offense).

Just now, pantherj said:

And keep CMC if no one accepts the offer?

Yes absolutely.

The number one thing whatever QB we have next year can use is a weapon like Cmac.

Oh I'll throw a 2yd pass to Christian and he'll get 8,15 25,80 yards on it.

This is stupid as schit and we got absolutely raped.

We will never win a phucking Superbowl with this Bald Fat Yankee POS owner!!!

I  don't give a phuck what Jerry was doing he was 1000 times the owner Penis head is.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

This only helps Wilks.  Before this, the teams performance was going to be compared to the first five games, like last week's O with an actual negative average depth of target.

Now Wilks has his excuse for the tank, and with the compensation being less than a 1st, Wilks has more proof that the league sets him up to fail.

This is nothing but good for Wilks.

Now if Wilks wins any games he will be hailed as a miracle worker.

Do you think we're keeping Wilks as HC?

8 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

You are nuts.

There is nobody we can get that will replace his production.

He is better than the combined value of whoever we get in the 2nd 3rd and 4th.

This a terrible trade and we are screwed for at least 5 years now.

Bc you said “nobody”…. Austin Ekeler has produced more stats than CMC and he was taken in the 6th round. 

Alvin Kamara kept par with CMC and he was drafted in the third round 

kareem  hunt has more catches, carries and TDs than CMC and he was drafted in the third round.

you can find rbs in mid rounds who can replace CMCs production. 

• Pie 4
  • Poo 1

10 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Happy for CMC. He deserves better.

Sad for us. We fans don't deserve this. We have nothing to cheer for on Sundays now other than to lose so we get the first pick. 

Happy for my Dynasty fantasy leagues where CMC now goes to one of the best offensive minds in football. 

I think what a lot of people are not considering here is that CMC was most likely asking to be traded, he had a play in this. And consider this... what if the they had hesitated with this trade, then say, Christian goes out and plays this Sunday, then gets hurt for an extended period... what would the Panthers be offered then? I think their hand was forced and they struck while it was hot... it really wasn't a bad deal IMO.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Yes absolutely.

The number one thing whatever QB we have next year can use is a weapon like Cmac.

Oh I'll throw a 2yd pass to Christian and he'll get 8,15 25,80 yards on it.

This is stupid as schit and we got absolutely raped.

We will never win a phucking Superbowl with this Bald Fat Yankee POS owner!!!

I  don't give a phuck what Jerry was doing he was 1000 times the owner Penis head is.

0AB761CE-2BB7-421B-B302-26B43299B76A.jpeg

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Bc you said “nobody”…. Austin Ekeler has produced more stats than CMC and he was taken in the 6th round. 

Alvin Kamara kept par with CMC and he was drafted in the third round 

kareem  hunt has more catches, carries and TDs than CMC and he was drafted in the third round.

you can find rbs in mid rounds who can replace CMCs production. 

Yeah.  Like Chuba.

14 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

There is nobody we can get that will replace his production.

You are absolutely right. There's no single player we can get. But most teams in the league don't rely on one guy. They use a running back by committee. A solid RB can be found in the 3rd round or even later. The run game is somewhat a product of scheme and blocking.

Quick "blind resume" for you. Which RB do you want?

image.png.be7da85d6ed34e671ae45802bc58aa84.png

The guy in the right hand side column is 2022 CMC.

The guy in the left hand side column is 2022 Austin Eckler, undrafted Free Agent.

Edited by trueblade
  • Pie 1