• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC to the 49ers

Ricky Spanish

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

When you pay a player as much as we paid Christian it has to produce wins. We paid him as the centerpiece of our offense. And he immediately became injury prone which happens all the time with rbs on their second contract. Remember all those times at the goal line for us to win and he couldn’t get it done. We cannot build an nfl offense this way anymore.

Yeah, this hurts, but at least we don't have to watch CMC get stuffed up the middle on the goal line, and fail on 3rd down over and over and over again. Nice little haul, the 49ers better win it all this year, because they pretty much have traded their entire draft away next year.

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

the issue is that they didnt go after where they weakness lies. They cant protect the QB or get to the QB. As vaunted as that defense is... they only have 9 sacks on the season. 6 of those are Bosa (who is injured)m and 4 of those sacks came against us. 

They are the 3rd lowest scoring offense in the league, and that isnt due to their rushing game. Is because their drives stall out due to pressure getting to the QB. They need a RT soooo bad.... this doesnt take them over the top... this keeps them in the middle for a couple of years now. 

This isnt me being anti-CMC trade either. Bc you and I had this conversation earlier this week or late last week. The 49ers are in a tough spot right now, and they are putting their all of their eggs in the CMC basket. I wouldnt be surprised if this turns into a Stephon Gilmore type trade for the 9ers as he was to us. 3-0 and then the wheels come off.

For sure, but I still commend them for diving in with 2 feet whether it works out or not.  They are def at least trying.

10 minutes ago, pdub0702 said:

Thanks. Sucks losing our best franchise play maker ..least we got some cap to spend next year to supplement picks 

Lol thats 18 Million DEAD money next year. 

We are back in the negative for next season after this move. There is no "cap to spend" next season. We can make a few moved and restructures to get under and sign a bunch of dumpster dives or maybe 1 mid level players and our draft picks but thats it. 

2024 the books open up but I'd imagine that evaporates quickly once Burns, Chinn, Horn, Luvu and others start inking deals. Unless of course we just trade them too. 

Edited by SteveSmithTD89

10 minutes ago, Growl said:

middle round picks dont attractive innovative offensive minds

innovative offensive talents do 

No one is getting excited for a 27 yr old RB who asked to be traded.

Hes going to fall off in two to three years.

I don't have the upmost confidence in Fitterer either but it all depends on who we select as the head coach. And in truth regardless of who we drafted or signed in FA Rhule was abysmal at development and just as if not even more stubborn than Rivera about playing favorites with the roster.

• Pie 1

Just now, SteveSmithTD89 said:

We are back in the negative for next season after this move. There is no "cap to spend" next season. We can make a few moved and restructures to get under and sign a bunch of dumpster dives or maybe 1 mid level players and our draft picks but thats it. 

2024 the books open up but I'd imagine that evaporates quickly once Burns, Chinn, Horn, Luvu and others start inking deals. Unless of course we just trade them too. 

poo we are going to have another top 10 pick next year lol

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

Yeah, this hurts, but at least we don't have to watch CMC get stuffed up the middle on the goal line, and fail on 3rd down over and over and over again. Nice little haul, the 49ers better win it all this year, because they pretty much have traded their entire draft away next year.

They won’t. I honestly don’t think cmc moves the needle that much for them. If they can get healthy they might have a chance but like I said earlier this reeks of desperation and is a huge gamble on an oft injured but talented rb

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, pdub0702 said:

How much dead cap space will will eat? How much will will save for next year? I liked CMC, but this needed to happen. Fresh slate for a new rebuild. It’ll be fun to see other players get a chance this year. Season definitely over..most fans obviously knew this before the trade 

We have 18 million dollars in dead cap for CMC in 2023.  After that hes cleared off the books.  Which is good because if we had kept him his salary for the next 3 years is at least 15 mil per season.  We will take our lumps on the cap next season, but 2024 and beyond we should be flush with cash. 

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

Fug. Welp, looks like this and next year gonna be rough 

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

We have 18 million dollars in dead cap for CMC in 2023.  After that hes cleared off the books.  Which is good because if we had kept him his salary for the next 3 years is at least 15 mil per season.  We will take our lumps on the cap next season, but 2024 and beyond we should be flush with cash. 

115 million in 2024. That doesnt include the next two years of salary cap hikes either.

• Pie 1