• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC to the 49ers

Ricky Spanish

1 hour ago, CPcavedweller said:

Guess I'll pull out my Steve Young jersey size small from 1998. Will have time put it on my 5 year old. 

Seriously though. CMC was the only likable thing about this team since Cam, Kuechly, Davis, and Olsen left. There isn't a player I give a poo about left. Literally, there is no one. No iconic guys. No potentially iconic guys.

We are the Lions.. fml

This, unfortunately is true for the moment. We have no true stars for the first time in a long time.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

If we draft a QB that averages 8.9 yards a pass next year this is all moot.

"If" is the operative word. Outside of Cam Newton, and possibly Kerry Collins, has this team ever drafted a viable NFL starter?

This QB class isn't stellar. I don't see a sure thing in the class of 2023. And, even if we happen to get a decent prospect the kid is going to struggle early. We don't have a legit #1/#2 on this squad who could start on another team other than DJ Moore.  No passing threat at TE. RB looks iffy. Are we expecting a rookie QB to come here and carry the team with only 1 playmaker.

Some are going to say "we have extra draft picks now". True but what are going to do with them? Since 1995 e have drafted 2 great wideouts, (Moose and Smitty); no difference makers at TE (Wesley Walls and Greg Olsen) came here as veterans. 3 good RB's (D.Williams, J. Stewart, C.McCaffrey).

Things can change, but I just don't think the draft haul is going to live up to expectations. I have little faith in the decision making of the front office.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

This increases my belief that McCaffrey wanted the trade.

Trade makes way too much sense from CMC's perspective. Why would he not push for it?

9 minutes ago, poundaway said:

This only helps Wilks.  Before this, the teams performance was going to be compared to the first five games, like last week's O with an actual negative average depth of target.

Now Wilks has his excuse for the tank, and with the compensation being less than a 1st, Wilks has more proof that the league sets him up to fail.

This is nothing but good for Wilks.

Now if Wilks wins any games he will be hailed as a miracle worker.

Only positive for Wilks is with his lawsuit. Thinking really long term, if Tepper cans Wilks as I expect, maybe Tepper eventually gets tangled in all this mess and the ultimate result is him being forced to sell the team.

...look, I'm trying to find the light at the end of the tunnel and this is all I got. 

the hilarious part is that the offense may be better in the interim because our garbage OC had absolutely no idea how to use mccaffery

cant wait to sneak out a few dumb wins and miss out on a top pick AND lose the single player on this team with any game changing potential in exchange for a few developmental backups

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, trueblade said:

You are absolutely right. There's no single player we can get. But most teams in the league don't rely on one guy. They use a running back by committee. A solid RB can be found in the 3rd round or even later. The run game is somewhat a product of scheme and blocking.

Quick "blind resume" for you. Which RB do you want?

image.png.be7da85d6ed34e671ae45802bc58aa84.png

The guy in the right hand side column is 2022 CMC.

The guy in the left hand side column is 2022 Austin Eckler, undrafted Free Agent.

Austin Eckler isn't capable of back to back 1k 1k seasons. If They would have used him more over the last few games he would have done it.

There isn't a 1k 1k back in the league besides him.

6 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I can’t think of any other reason why someone would say something like Foreman is CMC with similar stats other than not understanding football.

CMC literally just took an entire mid section of a teams’ draft, in 2022, and paid 20m a year…AND to a team that was already stripped, meaning even more value to them.

Teams don’t do that for just anyone…that was my point. It’s not just about the numbers. CMC will elevate the entire offense and give a lot more options, mismatches and force the opposing DC to pay attention.

The casual fan looks at numbers, where as knowing a bit more will notice these things. We couldn’t trade Forman for a conditional 7th if we tried.

Sorry, I misread what you were referring to... why people say that's why you don't pay big money to RB's... I agree that CMC is a prolific difference maker, and affects the game. I was just speaking in terms of the Panthers and the fans screaming about this being a horrible deal. CMC had a say in this... if we had hesitated and he got hurt this weekend, then what do they get? I get why he would want to leave. He wants to win while he is still young and healthy enough to BE a difference maker. I just don't think it makes a difference for the Panthers any more... at this point Foreman will suffice. Doesn't take much scheming to beat this team. Honestly, I think it was a pretty good trade considering we got our draft picks back, late picks or not.

4 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Austin Eckler isn't capable of back to back 1k 1k seasons. If They would have used him more over the last few games he would have done it.

There isn't a 1k 1k back in the league besides him.

CMC never had back to back 1k 1k seasons. He did it one time. image.thumb.png.bb5a23eed8a12e7405acfb7e4abd8a9b.pngAwesome accomplishment, but he's highly unlikely to do so again.

As I stated, most teams don't need a 1k 1k because they use a committee of backs.

[Edit: When CMC did 1k 1k, he was the 3rd player in NFL history to do so.]

Edited by trueblade