• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns is probably going to be traded right?

firefox1234

Just now, tukafan21 said:

He could get injured and miss the rest of the season, and someone would still give up a first rounder for him in the offseason if we tag him.

He's a 24 year old elite pass rusher, he could be that for another 8-10 years.

I don’t know man. CMC is literally as close to a hall of fame ability we have had in this roster and now you are saying we can get a first for Burns after we pay him what he wants? 

Make it make sense.

1 minute ago, firefox1234 said:

Unless we go ham to resign Burns why stay when free agency would be his best career path?

and if that's true

why would anyone trade for him when they know he's going away in FA anyway?

There's been literally zero smoke from Burns is unhappy camp and wants to leave but. You know I am posting on the huddle immeately after a big trade happens so what am I expecting here, rly.

Just now, Rags said:

and if that's true

why would anyone trade for him when they know he's going away in FA anyway?

There's been literally zero smoke from Burns is unhappy camp and wants to leave but. You know I am posting on the huddle immeately after a big trade happens so what am I expecting here, rly.

True, teams are smart unlike us and will wait the situation out. So our choice is to trade Burns for cheap before we re-sign him or trade him for even cheaper once we give him all that money.

There seems to be a very limited understanding of how importance of position, contract, age and other factors play into whether a player is one you trade or one you try to keep. 

A clue: players who play key hard to fill positions in the passing game, such as disruptive pass rushers entering their prime and still on rookie deals, do not tend to get traded, their very valuable.

A second clue: stars underperforming their contracts playing positions not hard to fill or replace and that do not tend to be the difference in winning playoff games, tend to get traded if value can be received in return.

11 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

What coach is going to want to go to a franchise with no good players and no cap room, you can only do so much in the draft.

I’m not disagreeing with you on one hand. But we still have a lot of young talent, a really good offensive line finally and as bad as Tepper was with how long he kept Rhule, it does signal to incoming coaches that they will be given time. And that’s something.

• Pie 2