• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFT ARTICLE: The Panthers slide squarely into tank mode

WarPanthers89

1 minute ago, Growl said:

I don’t feel like your argument here makes much sense. McCaffery was a pretty valuable tool for a rookie QB. A center is not. The inferior rookie RB they’re now forced to draft may be but not at Mccafferys level. The ole 2nd round wideout sure hasn’t paid dividends for this team since Moose.

maybe if they package both 2’s to go get the notre dame TE I’ll be contented but I’m pretty sure this was just about fitterer chasing his own tail trying to replace everything he’s given up.

It does if you are betting on his age and injury history being a significant problem over the next two years compared to the chances of hitting on some 2nd and 3rd round picks. I personally don’t see him being on the field enough to justify his cap hits over the next couple of years. I really think a lot of this is an emotional response which I get. Again we’re not competing next year cmc or not cmc. I’d rather have the chance at a more rounded team with these draft picks and cap savings. Now if we trade DJ I’m going to be mad. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Since 1999.

if they don’t find some way to screw it up I will be stunned

baker is still baker. He’s due to look like Dan Marino for a three game stretch this season. It’s what he does, and they’ll probably give him the opportunity to ruin everything.

58 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

It blows. This feels worse than the pickle Clausen season for some reason and I never imagined that would be possible with the talent we have compared to that year 

This team was far more talented than the 2010 team, but bad coaching and no QB is worse in today’s football than being a mediocre talented team with no QB but at least a decent coach like in 2010. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

It does if you are betting on his age and injury history being a significant problem over the next two years compared to the chances of hitting on some 2nd and 3rd round picks. I personally don’t see him being on the field enough to justify his cap hits over the next couple of years. I really think a lot of this is an emotional response which I get. Again we’re not competing next year cmc or not cmc. I’d rather have the chance at a more rounded team with these draft picks and cap savings. Now if we trade DJ I’m going to be mad. 

you’re far more optimistic about these middle picks being difference makers than I am, especially given with what current management has done with them so far

24 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Mate there's like 11 fuging games left.

Who wants to watch a team intentionally tank for 11 games?!

Nobody, but nobody also wants to watch us do the exact same crap next season with an atrocious offense and QB. A high draft pick gives us hope for next year. What does going 5 - 12 do for us? 4 - 13? Other than allow us to possibly miss out on the QB we want. 

The season is completely lost already. People don’t have your mindset unless they still have hope for this year. There is none. 

This was a fair trade. The Panthers were wasting his career on a failing team that has to rebuild, again. By the time we will be competitive again Christensen will be in decline. 

If you are a CMC fan you should be happy to see if he can advance his career on a better team.

It is what it is.

• Pie 2