• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper to pick the new coach

trueblade

5 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

I feel the same. I don’t think he is confident he will be here next season. I think Tepper hasn’t fired him because he needs someone to man the ship till the end of the season and Fitt probably has a similar feeling.

I think that will be decided when the new coach interviews start.  But like I have said in the past about fitt, if he was against some of rhules moves but was overrode then his ass better have receipts so Tepper knows, if he agreed with those moves he may be a dead man walking.  I think he survives though.

I am pretty impartial at this point as long as the new head coach and he are on the same page.

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 3

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I think that will be decided when the new coach interviews start.  But like I have said in the past about fitt, if he was against some of rhules moves but was overrode then his ass better have receipts so Tepper knows, if he agreed with those moves he may be a dead man walking.  I think he survives though.

I am pretty impartial at this point as long as the new head coach and he are on the same page.

thats-our-secret-f309dedb4e.jpg

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Pretty sure neither the McCaffrey trade nor the Anderson trade happens if Rhule is still in charge. Hell, Robbie was set to be outright cut before they found a trade partner.

These are Fitterer's decisions. 

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That's where I am with Fitts.  I do believe Tepper knows who said what and wanted what, and who made the final decisions.  I've got to believe Fitts status is based on that knowledge.

I'll cut Tepper this much slack on the Rhule decision:  he was assisted by Marty "I Hear His Wife Makes Incredible Meat Balls" Hurney.  Given the choice between Hurney leading the charge and Fitts/Morgan, there is only one sane decision. 

In fact, given the choice between Hurney leading the charge and Moe, Larry, and Curley, there is only one sane decision.

• Pie 1

‘Anticipates being involved’ LMAO

as expected, the first failure of the new regimen has been exposed, keeping Fit. Because Rhule’s yes man alp happens to be the most qualified for the job. Wouldn’t you know it, what a coincidence.

No self respecting g talented GM would stand for not picking the HC.

Take note, these are signs of bad things to come. Tepper has NOT learned his lesson.

• Pie 1

The GM is going to select the interviewees.  He will conduct the interviews without Tepper.

Once all the interviews are done, Fitterer, Morgan and Tepper will sit down and choose the best coach for our future. That's how it works.   I don't think there is one owner, outside of Jerry Jones, who doesn't have a seat at the table when making this type of decision.

Too many of you want to nitpick things that are said as a shot against the GM.  

I think Fitterer may have approached Tepper about CMC and informed him that we are getting offers and the best way to rebuild this team is to get a good trade deal for him.  In the presser Fitterer said we were close to getting the value of a 1st rounder, which many of you said we should get.  Instead of one pick we got 4 good picks.   I would have liked to see us get a 3rd in 2024 but am happy with the haul.

• Pie 1

59 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Tepper could be using Fitt as the 200.gif and Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office for moves that Tepper feels are needed that he knows the fans won't like.

Tepper never cared what fans wanted, if anything his hard head has softened a little and maybe he'll be more considerate.

Him still lusting after Sean Payton actually risking getting fined and picks being taken away doesn't show that he's learning a damn thing though.

It's classless.

Edited by rippadonn