• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marshall faulk traded for a 2nd and fifth

Jmac

The HOF running back was traded for a 2nd and a fifth at 26 years old. Compare what they got for CMC in trade. He is no where near HOF stats at this point in career (playing for a sh%tty Panthers team really hurt).

He may eventually qualify if he can stay healthy and is used properly on a decent team like the Niners. He is a great player no doubt.

The compensation the team received is above and beyond if you consider the Faulk trade. Is he as good as Faulk can be debated.

They where never getting a one for him. Faulk was a great player and in the HOF. Just being realistic says they did alright.

• Pie 7
  • Flames 1

Yeah, and check out what Faulk did AFTER that trade.  He was not a HOF-caliber player before that trade, but was a great one with high upside.  With the Rams, for a period, he became the best player and most valuable player in the league.

I expect a similar outcome with CMC.  And again, the RB position is so short on shelf-life, it's stupid to overpay or ever really commit long-term to one, so i felt it was needed and understand it.  But I also don't trust this organization to rebuild properly, so I expect us to come out on the losing end of the trade regardless.

2 hours ago, Jmac said:

How about the Mike Ditka/Ricky Williams fiasco....I think teams have learned from that. Don't give up the farm for any one player.

Cleveland just proved some have not...and we were right there with them utill the end.

They really should tho. I woukd rather see smaller shots. Wee bit of risk versus years of pain.

2 hours ago, Jmac said:

How about the Mike Ditka/Ricky Williams fiasco....I think teams have learned from that. Don't give up the farm for any one player.

It worked out with Julio Jones. ATL gave up an entire draft and got a HOF player. Who kicked our ass for little under a decade. 

Pumped Up Sport GIF by Atlanta Falcons