• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offers for Burns

Mr. Scot

24 minutes ago, Growl said:

“well believe it or not, we actually had some good players. We thought you’d hate that though, so we got rid of them and figured you’d want to just hope for the best.”

It's already going to be an uphill climb to get anyone worth having. I don't see the logic behind gutting the team of any actual talent and considering that an enticement. I fear we're going to be here this time next year wondering WTF they were thinking. I hope the FO makes me eat those words but, I just don't think anyone there has a clue about running a football team.

• Beer 1

30 minutes ago, rayzor said:

So more picks is not better? Letting the new coach totally rebuild this team isn't better?

the team isn’t out to grind an axe against Matt rhule because they’re the Big Mad, they clearly view the defense as being more or less ready and will almost certainly look to build up the offensive side of the ball.

rebuilds don’t take 5 seasons.

14 minutes ago, musicman said:

What about a 1st (Saints), a 2nd, 4th and a 3rd and 5th the following year. Would you do it? I don't see anybody giving up 2 1st rounds (IMO). 

then you don’t do it.

as I noted, Jamal adams commanded two 1’s and change. Brian burns is a far more valuable asset than Jamal adams. 

the goal isn’t to have lots of draft picks, it’s to have good players at marquee positions 

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 1

I'd trade him to the Eagles for both their 1sts this year, along with a 3rd and the Aints 2nd in 2024. Anything less I pass. Burns has his faults but elite young pass rushers are damn near impossible to find these days. Better to just keep building the front 7 around him if we get less than that.

11 minutes ago, AlphabetsEnd said:

You hope to hit on a 1st rounder and land a Burns-type. I don't see how trading helps when the pick could be for a less impactful player. 

Important to consider contract situation. Burns gonna get paid massively soon, and there is some debate whether his all around game will even be worth the contract he'll get. Aints pick could easily wind up being top 5 -- we could get QB at 1st overall along with an elite pass rusher prospect with that pick. Sure, not guaranteed to hit like Burns did but I'd take those chances for a cheaper player and then more picks being added too. Grab a WR/RB/TE with the Eagles' 1st and we could be sitting pretty.