• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corral our 2023 starter

Panthers Fan 69

The whole point of the conversation is whoever is going to be our HC is going to let both QBs compete for the job.  No HC is going to just give the job to the #1 pick.  It is not a good move by any coach just to hand the job at any position to a high draft choice.  

Most coaches say, draft position doesn't matter once you start workouts.  Tell me I'm wrong.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The whole point of the conversation is whoever is going to be our HC is going to let both QBs compete for the job.  No HC is going to just give the job to the #1 pick.  It is not a good move by any coach just to hand the job at any position to a high draft choice.  

Most coaches say, draft position doesn't matter once you start workouts.  Tell me I'm wrong.

Your wrong

• Pie 1

I have no problem with Corral coming in to compete for a roster spot. Relying on a guy who looked really bad and then hit IR before the season started would be a bad strategy.

If we draft a guy at the top of the draft, and we will, then it shouldn't even be a competition unless they draft poorly. It's Ickey and BC all over again from this year. All we did was waste time and reps to get ready for game 1, there should never have been a competition. Play Ickey or you are already admiting you fugged up so just give him the reps. Unless we trade back then play the rookie or you fugged up. 

If they like Corral so much then don't sign a vet.

Just now, Waldo said:

I have no problem with Corral coming in to compete for a roster spot. Relying on a guy who looked really bad and then hit IR before the season started would be a bad strategy.

If we draft a guy at the top of the draft, and we will, then it shouldn't even be a competition unless they draft poorly. It's Ickey and BC all over again from this year. All we did was waste time and reps to get ready for game 1, there should never have been a competition. Play Ickey or you are already admiting you fugged up so just give him the reps. Unless we trade back then play the rookie or you fugged up. 

If they like Corral so much then don't sign a vet.

Corral cannot practice until august

free agency is in march

they are signing a vet

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

You are not wrong that they say this.

You are wrong if you think they mean it.

Please cite for me an instance where a HC has sat a highly drafted rookie QB behind a lower round might as well be a rookie prospect.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1