• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you preferred Ben Navarro bought Panthers in 2018 ?

Chris Smitty

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

It was a story that came out during the ownership bids. Source was probably Albert Breer but I can't say that for certain. Breer was the one who had the best information during the process.

(heck, it's probably still posted on The Huddle if the archives go back that far)

Rubin now owns or partially owns an NBA team (I forget which one).

Not anymore, as of six days ago his divestment was completed and he is no longer the partial owner of the Philadelphia 76ers or the New Jersey Devils.

Rubin wants to get into sports betting and financial relationships with athletes across different teams… something you obviously can’t do if you are a partial owner of a professional sports franchise.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

Nah, I wanted the other guy. Tepper was my second. 

Tepper got off to a bumpy start, but I don't think people should give up on him. But fans are going to be fans.

The Panthers have existed for 30 years and the worst stretch (by far) comes under ownership of Tepper. Literally - fans were calling bad moves as he was making them. Beer bellied arm chair GMs in their moms basement, how does that happen? Then he runs and hides. He’s pulling bitch moves in Rock Hill and wants to establish revenue without actually putting out quality evident by his hands in all these pots, putting out turf, making comments about his dumbass Garth fuging Brooks poo. It’s a toy to him. He’s Condescending towards Charlotte and insults PSL owners. Good people he hired are mysteriously quitting and finding success and better jobs.

I could go on for days. That’s not a bumpy start, it’s exactly the blueprint of someone intentionally destroying a franchise would do…even though he isn’t. What the literal fug are you talking about 

5 hours ago, onmyown said:

The Panthers have existed for 30 years and the worst stretch (by far) comes under ownership of Tepper. Literally - fans were calling bad moves as he was making them. Beer bellied arm chair GMs in their moms basement, how does that happen? Then he runs and hides. He’s pulling bitch moves in Rock Hill and wants to establish revenue without actually putting out quality evident by his hands in all these pots, putting out turf, making comments about his dumbass Garth fuging Brooks poo. It’s a toy to him. He’s Condescending towards Charlotte and insults PSL owners. Good people he hired are mysteriously quitting and finding success and better jobs.

I could go on for days. That’s not a bumpy start, it’s exactly the blueprint of someone intentionally destroying a franchise would do…even though he isn’t. What the literal fug are you talking about 

The rock hill situation wasn’t on tepper , if what I heard was correct . It’s still early . I did want Ben but honestly who knows how he would have worked out. Might have been worse? We have tepper now so we can’t change it. Hopefully he learned his lesson on his past mistakes and turn this ship around

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, top dawg said:

Nah, I wanted the other guy. Tepper was my second. 

Tepper got off to a bumpy start, but I don't think people should give up on him. But fans are going to be fans.

Let me correct that for you.....  huddlers are going to be huddlers....... nothing to do with fans 😉

7 hours ago, onmyown said:

Tepper's business dealings have not directly affected the product on the field. I could care less about Rock Hill and Charlotte. They're municipalities; they'll still be here, growing and thriving when Tepper is gone. I don't give a poo about concerts and restaurants. I care about the Panthers (which is a choice). 

Tepper has been the owner four years and four months. He has admitted he's inexperienced, and he has made mistakes. But it's a relatively short time. Sometimes you have to have failures to find success. This franchise hasn't had two successive winning seasons since 1995. Tepper is trying to get us over that hump and more. He came in a newb, and has made newb mistakes. I don't agree with every decision that he has made, but I understand why he made the moves he made. Now, after all the fugery, he's trying to get us on track. It may not be popular, but I'm giving him a mulligan (which is all any of us can do anyway, or switch teams). He knows that he fuged up, and he's in the process of trying to improve. Let's give him at least a couple of seasons to see if we're improving before continuing to whine about a fuged up four-year reign.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

9 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Not anymore, as of six days ago his divestment was completed and he is no longer the partial owner of the Philadelphia 76ers or the New Jersey Devils.

Rubin wants to get into sports betting and financial relationships with athletes across different teams… something you obviously can’t do if you are a partial owner of a professional sports franchise.

Thanks. I don't follow him but I see his name pop up in the news every once in awhile.

• Pie 1