• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield wanted assurance Panthers committed to winning after trades

ladypanther

Dont understand the Baker hate. I just heard what he said on the radio and it was very respectable. Dont know why we are shitting on him here. He just wanted to know what direction the team was taking. Some people just search for reasons to hate on someone due to personal bias. Cam went through this.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Dont understand the Baker hate. I just heard what he said on the radio and it was very respectable. Dont know why we are shitting on him here. He just wanted to know what direction the team was taking. Some people just search for reasons to hate on someone due to personal bias. Cam went through this.

Like I've said here already Baker was an unfortunate casualty of the insane mind of Matt Rhule who couldn't resist another wayward QB.

I wish him all the best. He is a Panther now so we here should show some respect because he's worn our uniform. I do think PJ who has been a Panther for some time now, is a better player at this point. The distance between their level of play is astounding. With PJ all of a sudden this team looks like it can compete for the division, especially the way the defense continues to play.

23 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I wonder what roster move they're going to pull when Sam has to come off that 21 day deadline. PJ would have been the obvious choice to get cut and sent to practice squad a month ago. 11 days left to make a decision I think

Maybe I missed it but is Eason still part of the 53?  If so it would be him 

8 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

I don’t hate him.  In fact I think he stands a good chance of playing better based on what we saw from PJ and the offense last week.  Based on what we saw I think all bad opinions regarding players I developed under the Rhule regime could be ill conceived. That said, I would rather roll with PJ until he shows us why we can’t.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I don’t hate him.  In fact I think he stands a good chance of playing better based on what we saw from PJ and the offense last week.  Based on what we saw I think all bad opinions regarding players I developed under the Rhule regime could be ill conceived. That said, I would rather roll with PJ until he shows us why we can’t.  

Don't scare me like that.

Disney Just Say No GIF by BrittDoesDesign

Michael Scott No GIF

15 minutes ago, Skack25 said:

Some of ya'll need a Snickers. Even after being relegated to 3rd string, he wants the team to win.  Not sure what else ya'll want from the guy.

He is saying the right things...except for the thing in the headline.  After his performance I am not sure he had the right to ask.

44 minutes ago, lightsout said:

Why are we shitting on Baker? Dude has been a standup guy the entire time he's been here. Sure he struggled, mostly with the batted balls and having Matt Rhule as his head coach, but he's been the perfect teammate as far as we can tell. Flat out said "of course I want to play but PJ is hot, so I'm helping us win by supporting him however I can and running scout team". That's big considering he's a first round pick who has only been a starter.

Asking the GM if we're committed to winning after trading your most prized weapon? That's a team leader move imo. If Burns or Shaq or DJ did this, nobody would bat an eye or they'd be happy that a team leader feels this way. But because it's Baker it's a bad thing? Idk.

It's the same poo as Russel Wilson catching flak in Denver. Dude is clowned on constantly for being "fake and not genuine" when no one knows how he acts behind closed doors. He was recently clowned on for working out on an airplane lmao.  Yet everyone loves Marshawn Lynch even after he was caught driving drunk with his tires literally off his vehicle. Weird World we live in.

As for PJ, dude looked like trash under Rhule. I'll give Mayfield the benefit of the doubt until I see him play under Wilks before I start slinging poo at him. The team seems way more ignited and competitive since Rhule has been fired.

Edited by Cam Lawter
  • Pie 2