• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rams Offering Two (Future) Firsts for Burns

Again, there's no reason to rush this particular deal because the picks are 2024 and 2025. You can probably get that deal in the offseason if you really want. Might as well hold out until then and see if someone will send picks that can help sooner than 2024 and 2025. This team is not that far away. Drop in a franchise QB (I know, I know, easier said than done) and with good coaching they can absolutely contend for the playoffs in 2024.

8 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

You also have to wonder why this is getting so much press. I feel like someone in the Panthers could be leaking this to up any last minute offers for Burns. Wouldn't shock me if we end up trading him after all, especially if anything gets added to the offer. If we get a haul, I wouldn't hate it. But we'd really have to hit big in the draft. This defense would have no pass rush as is minus Burns and a defense without a pass rush is no defense.

Unless they score 40 points every game

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Fitt has to do this deal.  We arent winning this year and we arent winning next year with a rookie qb.  The timeline works out perfect for us

I think Fitt is playing hard ball to get more out of the trade, but he needs to stop messing around and pull the trigger imo. The Rams are desperate because the 49ers added CMC and handed them their ass. Perfect time to take them for all they're worth. Burns is replaceable and not need as we're not in SB mode, or playoff mode for that matter. We're in 2 wins rebuild mode. No more half measures. Rebuild fully. Here is our chance. Holy poop it might happen.

3 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Again, there's no reason to rush this particular deal because the picks are 2024 and 2025. You can probably get that deal in the offseason if you really want. Might as well hold out until then and see if someone will send picks that can help sooner than 2024 and 2025. This team is not that far away. Drop in a franchise QB (I know, I know, easier said than done) and with good coaching they can absolutely contend for the playoffs in 2024.

You cant get that deal in the off season.  the Rams want to win right now.  This season.  They know after this year its a wrap.  Thats why you have to do the deal

22 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

"Blow the team up, get a QB and give him crazy weapons! It's as simple as that!" LMAO You guys play too much Madden. 

I mean, I'm talking about a real rebuild.  One we were supposed to do when the Cam era ended and we hired Matt Rhule.    

but yeah, it's a QB league.  It's an offensive league.  That's where it should start IMO.  Draft a QB.  Build your teams around that.  And it takes awhile.   Because it also should revolve around who you have as QB.  The O, the coaches, the scheme, the talent....it should be revolve around that QB. 

Rhule's model was basically to build a team and then plug in a QB that didn't work out elsewhere.  I'm not a fan of continuing down that path.   You can claim the Rams just did it.  Bucs.  I think it leads to a shorter window of potential success. 

2 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

We trade Burns for two firsts and then we’re gonna waste at least two firsts trying to replace him over time. 

Or we don't waste two firsts and instead draft a QB one of those seasons.   

You know...

A QB that has been in a position of absolute NEED for a long time.

So unless Burns can also play QB (and he should, for the amount of money he's asking for), I'm going to say "Good Luck in LA" and collect my 2 1st-rounder winnings.

1 minute ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Actually there is because there are other teams in the NFL that could offer a deal that the Rams would accept, thereby the Panthers losing out on a once-in-a-blue-moon deal.