• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rams Offering Two (Future) Firsts for Burns

4 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I’m not going to scroll back through 40 pages to show you that this is factually wrong. So I’ll just leave it here. But you are factually wrong lol

Nah. You just can't accept you aren't the most interesting or the most knowledgeable man on this board. Keep reaching like that and you might pull something.

14 hours ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

Wanna know something scarier than Halloween? This pass rush and defense without Brian Burns. 

Our season is done. We could play PS players on defense, and it wouldn't make a difference. A loss is a loss. Even next season, we probably won't be very good. And then Burns becomes a FA in 2024. Someone will probably offer him more money than us. Or we do pay him, then he gets lazy. A lot of speculation, but I think trading him for two future first round picks for a guy that may not even be here in 2024 is a good decision. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, PantherNation123 said:

This decision not to trade burns will haunt us for a minute. Love the player but what he will command vs what our needs are and our cap situation? Makes no sense to not get two 1sts.  Panthers gonna panthers though

I don’t think the cap will be as bad as it seems, since we will have a QB on a cheap contract for the whole duration of Burns next contract. 

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Nah. You just can't accept you aren't the most interesting or the most knowledgeable man on this board. Keep reaching like that and you might pull something.

I’m not sure what your problem with me is, but it’s pretty bizarre. And I can assure you that I know I’m not the most knowledgeable person on this board. As for most interesting? Your immature responses tells me you are too young to even know what my name is referencing. Cheers.

11 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

It's a real bummer that Fitt actually rejected the deal as it guarantees that we are going to tie up a huge part of the cap onto one player who isn't at all an Elite pass rusher.   smh.

Only the Panthers, man.    Only the Panthers. 

....we prolly gonna get nothing for him. This is how its done. Fitt is nothing special.

"Bears General Manager Ryan Poles says he didn’t want to trade linebacker Roquan Smith to the Ravens, but ultimately determined that there was no way the Bears would keep him in free agency next year, and it was better to get something for him now."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/02/bears-gm-ryan-poles-says-hes-bummed-roquan-smith-was-traded-instead-of-extended/

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

What having a few extra 1st rounders can do for you

There is validity to this but it's also a different kind of trade. If someone offered us that haul to move down in the draft and we passed we could draw parallels. This does not compare to that IMO not picks two years away that could be with an entirely different GM. I get you guys are frustrated but it's getting a little excessive now. And I still don't buy for one minute any of ya'll are gonna be singing happy songs if we have a trash ass pass rush. Don't fuging sit here and lie to me lol.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2

Ok so we take that trade and how do we move up to get equal or better talent? Use one of those 1sts and other picks? Ok so you do that, what happens if that DE isnt as good? Even if he is, then you still are back to searching for another DE to go opposite of him. And again you have the same questions of how to acquire him as you did the first guy. Also, we arent using our 1st pick in 2023 in any package. We are selecting a QB. Burns needed to stay. 

Edited by KillerKat
  • Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Fitt got too scared to make the big moves. This would have been an awesome trade for us. Now we’re going to overpay a guy that barely gets double-digit sacks for us. Just like we overpaid Charles Johnson a few years ago. This team never learns 

Charles was much better against the run 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Ok so we take that trade and how do we move up to get equal or better talent? Use one of those 1sts and other picks? Ok so you do that, what happens if that DE isnt as good? Even if he is, then you still are back to searching for another DE to go opposite of him. And again you have the same questions of how to acquire him as you did the first guy. Also, we arent using our 1st pick in 2023 in any package. We are selecting a QB. Burns needed to stay. 

Also keep in mind it takes about 3 years for a DE to reach his prime typically