• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Besides Young and Stroud, no other QB has me sold they would be a clear upgrade over PJ.

UpstatePantherfan

Will Levis is looking more like Taysom Hill 2.0 and his stock is falling fast. Hendon Hooker I really do like but some on here has sold me on the idea that his his age and the type of offense he is running could be big negatives.

Obviously if we land pick 1 or 2 you take Stroud/Young and don’t look back. But what I have seen of PJ and what he would look like getting an entire off season next year to prepare as QB1 has me thinking we just draft Quinten Johnston in the 1st if we fall to the top 10 (6’4 WR that runs a 4.40 and looks Megatronesque) he is projected as the top WR in the draft by far. 

pair him with DJ Moore with this O line and PJ with a full year under his belt, and you have a beast of an offense.

Edited by UpstatePantherfan
  • Pie 4
  • Poo 4

With Hooker it’s not his age that scares me, it’s that he’s a one read and run QB from what I’ve seen. I’ll do more research as we get closer to the draft and there’s more video out there of all the QBs, but what I’ve seen from the games played so far I want no part of Hooker or Levis. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

There's nothing you can say to anyone that still needs to see more tape to evaluate Walker. We could keep him around as a backup that's best case scenario. Right now one of these college QB's could play as good or better. They could also just as easily throw touchdowns for the other team too.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Kyle Allen was Baby GOAT for 5 games.

The difference for me is that Walker has been making some big time throws

He’s capable of throwing those deep ins on a rope (the 4th down ball to Moore), those are special throws

PJ has such a live arm and can make all the throws. I’m actually looking forward to seeing PJ play these last 9 games. At the very least he’s fun to watch, something we haven’t had in a LONG ass time

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

The difference for me is that Walker has been making some big time throws

He’s capable of throwing those deep ins on a rope (the 4th down ball to Moore), those are special throws

PJ has such a live arm and can make all the throws. I’m actually looking forward to seeing PJ play these last 9 games. At the very least he’s fun to watch, something we haven’t had in a LONG ass time

It's time to dust this off and remind everyone to take a deep breath here and there between games.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1

If you're never willing to take a chance, even in what is I'd call an average year, not a poor class (for that, re: last year, 2015, 2010, 2002), then you'll never find a QB. 

There's high upside talent in this class that are indeed risks, but they could pay off and we could have our guy.  Hooker, Levis, Richardson, Penix, all could be possibilities.  You gotta take the chance if you think one of them has the chance to be great. 

And you know, it really falls on this scouting dept and Scott if they think one of them fits the bill.  There's also a fair amount of CFB left to shake out.  Let's see how we're feeling in a month or so.  

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

PJ Walker? You really talking about rolling with PJ Walker long term? Finally attempted more than 20 passes in a game and it tanked his completion percentage to 50% PJ Walker? Career 5/9 TD/INT PJ Walker? THAT PJ Walker? Somebody pinch me.

But he made a long throw and made ESPN!

People act like he magically woke up with a blessed arm. He has always had a cannon. Having a cannon doesn't make you a good QB...it means you can hit a WR 62 yards downfield once every few years. PJ seems like a nice kid and good teammate. He has earned a backup QB spot somewhere for a few years. But come on folks, he was fourth on OUR depth chart preseason game 3 for a reason.

• Pie 3