• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top 5 QBs taken over the last 12 years

Cdparr7

6 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Sick Vomit GIF by CBS

Go look at max duggan’s stats, he has improved every year for the last four years across the board, he has the size and measurable and he plays for TCU which Andy Dalton also played for (for all the “omg, such and such schools produce bad QBs” crowd)

plus we will draft his top WR in the 1st who is a bonafide first rounder anyway. I wonder if there is precedent for a QB and WR that played together in college to be drafted together by the same team. 

Edited by UpstatePantherfan

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I feel like the 2021's college film looked way better than what we're seeing guys put up this year aside from Young and Hooker. Curious if teams learned their lesson reaching in that 2021 draft and will continue to be a little more patient picking QB's the way they were this past draft

I don't know about that...

2021 was what? Willis, Pickett and Corral who all had pretty shaky performances throughout the year.  And then people were convincing themselves Howell and Strong were the other tops, who scouts apparently had pegged as R4 and below.  Pickett was the only one consistently producing offense, but there were notable flags. Many went into the year thinking Corral & Strong were the guys and it turned out to be really no one, minus Pickett sorta who came out of nowhere and was a late-1st.

This year---Stroud and Bryce have been either at their expected level or exceeding it as Round 1 prospects.  And then yep, Hooker has bloomed out of nowhere. Penix would be the other to watch, who honestly, is kind of where I start to feel this class gets to that Willis/Corral/Ridder level, but I think he's still better.

The true deflated feeling many have in this current class is Richardson, Levis and Van Dyke not living up to expectations so far.  Those guys have the measurables, no injury history, less physical questions, and overall ceiling but have not followed through on the field yet.  

More season to be played but if we're comparing to 2021, the likes of McCall & Jaren Hall is where this class gets to the Willis/Corral/Ridder level.  

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, saX man said:

I don't know about that...

2021 was what? Willis, Pickett and Corral who all had pretty shaky performances throughout the year. 

2021 was Lawrence/Wilson/Fields/Jones, Lance didn't really play I don't think. I agree last years class didn't look much better than this 23 class

10 minutes ago, UpstatePantherfan said:

Go look at max duggan’s stats, he has improved every year for the last four years across the board, he has the size and measurable and he plays for TCU which Andy Dalton also played for (for all the “omg, such and such schools produce bad QBs” crowd)

plus we will draft his top WR in the 1st who is a bonafide first rounder anyway. I wonder if there is precedent for a QB and WR that played together in college to be drafted together by the same team. 

We drafted one of Cam’s receivers (and his LT).  Neither lasted long.  I’ll look at Dugan but I imagine if he was as good as Stroud or Young I’d have heard more about him.  

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

2021 was Lawrence/Wilson/Fields/Jones, Lance didn't really play I don't think. I agree last years class didn't look much better than this 23 class

Oh flub, I'm going by season not actual year.  Compared to 21', I think it would depend on teams but Fields and Young would be between Lawrence and Jones, order of that #2-5 would vary. 

55 minutes ago, saX man said:

We pick where we pick.  Just hope we pick the right guy.  

That's about the size of it. 

I'm looking at it a little differently anyway. We'll have two shots at getting this right. The QB that we draft, and Corral. Surely one will work out. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

1 hour ago, Cdparr7 said:

A #1 pick doesn’t seem to do much justice unless you have a Luck or Newton in the draft- which there clearly isn’t this season. 

279489A8-6037-4D2A-9406-B87DAB700D7E.png

I mean, that is a 4-3 or 5-3 record at the #1 overall pick for a QB in that span(depends on how Trevor turns out).

I will take a 57-63% hit rate all day long.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 2

Just now, top dawg said:

That's about the size of it. 

I'm looking at it a little differently anyway. We'll have two shots at getting this right. The QB that we draft, and Corral. Surely one will work out. 

I'm curious which vet they're gonna keep, or if they're gonna look at Jones/Minshew/Huntley. Depends on the HC and OC obviously. Slim pickings for vet QB's we haven't already been through