• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaq says Wilks is bringing back the Panthers to what they used to be.

rayzor

If toughness was the key to success the Lions would be 8-0.

NFL is not a high school or even collage where getting the most out of subpar athletic ability can make you a winner.

No team lose due to lack of effort, at least not before the session is lost. In the long run you lose because you are being out talented or out coached. All players are already within a millimeter of injury, working harder, or tougher, is just not an option to build long-term success.

And the way Shaq being playing this year under both coaches I should probably just be quite.

• Poo 3

1 hour ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

To me, the Panthers are a similar franchise to the Bears. They try to always have a defensive identity, a decent RB, and don’t value the QB enough. They would rather be “old-school” and remember that one really good year. Talk about living in the past

If that why they used every possible resource we have trying to upgrade at QB since Rhule got here?

They utterly failed at it, but it was not lack of trying because they "don't value the QB enough"

Edited by Thorrez
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I get what you guys are saying, but damn there are some sad dudes in here.

I wonder if you enjoyed any of the Cam/Luke era.

Most franchises would do anything to have what we had in 2015. I don’t give a fug about the last game anymore. That poo was an unbelievable treat and it won’t be ruined by 1 day. I’ll never forget going to that NFC championship game. 

An actual Super Bowl win would be tough to beat the feeling in that stadium that day. 

2015 was the most fun I’ve ever had as a fan of sports. Moreso even than the Jordan era when I was a Bulls fan (Jordan fan) or any other team I’ve followed. But that coach and his staff completely f’d an incredible team and are 1000% the reason we weren’t 19-0 that year. I don’t want a coach that coaches like any of the old Panthers teams because we’ve pretty much always been coached by buffoons. Minus the early Fox years maybe. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

2015 was the most fun I’ve ever had as a fan of sports. Moreso even than the Jordan era when I was a Bulls fan (Jordan fan) or any other team I’ve followed. But that coach and his staff completely f’d an incredible team and are 1000% the reason we weren’t 19-0 that year. I don’t want a coach that coaches like any of the old Panthers teams because we’ve pretty much always been coached by buffoons. Minus the early Fox years maybe. 

Imagine a talented offensive mind coaching that side maybe Cam would have had some better weapons. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

All fine and good, but I'd like the franchise to be better than it used to be. Rhule set the bar pretty low, so what we used to be is a step up, but expectations should be higher moving into the future. Not being a patsy should be a given..

Agreed I think we can have both though. Defense that knocks the snot out of you and finally an offense that isn’t predictable and consistently  puts up some REAL points, which of course equates to wins. 

1 hour ago, Thorrez said:

If that why they used every possible resource we have trying to upgrade at QB since Rhule got here?

They utterly failed at it, but it was not lack of trying because they "don't value the QB enough"

Valuing the QB enough means drafting one in the first round, not going after other teams’ trash

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, top dawg said:

All fine and good, but I'd like the franchise to be better than it used to be. Rhule set the bar pretty low, so what we used to be is a step up, but expectations should be higher moving into the future. Not being a patsy should be a given..

I want it to be better, but I want us to bud on what we were rather than that puke of poo Rhule created. He put us in a hole and what they are doing now is a correction back to a competitive team with fight that we used to be. From that we build. Makes it easier to go forward. He's putting pride and fight back into the guys.

Tough gets you to .500 - and that's it.  You need a franchise QB, and a staff who can outcoach the other guys to gain an advantage.  I wish I could believe Wilks was that guy.  But I don't.  This is the guy who was pulled from the college ranks by Matt Rhule.

He hasn't shown any propensity for being great when given one of the top coaching roles at the NFL level.  He's been a DC and HC, and had very mediocre results.

It's possible to be a great leader and a genuinely good human being without being a top NFL HC.  Wilks embodies this.  If we're searching for the next Ron Rivera, look no further!  We've found him.

I aspire for the franchise to be more.

We could be without both Wilks and Shaq next year, nothing guaranteed but it is a solid chance both are gone next year. This sounds like normal stuff and better than we had but it hardly changes the big picture situation for us.

Wilks is doing a good job as an interim HC and this year is back to NFL quality football vs the Rhule clownshow. That is great for now but not nearly enough for next year IMO. I'm way over the Rivera school of football. Just get a good DC and get the same benefits without the huge negatives we operated under during the 'good old days' because Rhule was such a reduculously inept clown that we run back to the not good enough safe space a lot of us wanted the hell out of before Ron was fired.

Edited by Waldo