• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Corral Reminder

top dawg

49 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Write mine down throw it up next to the poster of Carson Strong on your wall 

I'm talking about a Carolina Panther QB, all that other talk, hopes, wishes, is irrelevant.

Corral is a professional football player with the Carolina Panthers, hopes and wishes won't change that, only what he does or doesn't do on the field.

The silly notion that he won't play is just that. They didn't trade for him, rehab him, and sign his paychecks to not play him.

Leave some room for a backtrack just to be safe. Don't go full out anti-Corral, they're going to give him a chance and he just may be successful again at haters expense.

He's a Panthers QB by draft not by free agency or scrap heap. He was chosen.

People putting hopes, and wishes ahead of what is reality...smart. Until the draft and probably after it Matt Corral will still be HERE.

Enjoy the show. He's coming with hot crow for all doubters. Bon Appetit!

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I'm talking about a Carolina Panther QB, all that other talk, hopes, wishes, is irrelevant.

Corral is a professional football player with the Carolina Panthers, hopes and wishes won't change that, only what he does or doesn't do on the field.

The silly notion that he won't play is just that. They didn't trade for him, rehab him, and sign his paychecks to not play him.

Leave some room for a backtrack just to be safe. Don't go full out anti-Corral, they're going to give him a chance and he just may be successful again at haters expense.

People putting hopes, and wishes ahead of what is reality...smart. Until the draft and probably after it Matt Corral will still be HERE.

Damn straight brother. 

The young lion

The golden corral

MC9 

He is the future 

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

They being whom exactly?

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Yeah he was chosen in the 3rd round.  That's what we gave up for CJ Henderson.  You think FAs aren't chosen as well?  Hell they are more expensive than a third round draft pick.  I like Corral, but you are hyping him up like we spent a top 10 pick on the guy....

2 hours ago, rippadonn said:

1 hour ago, Catsfan69 said:

Damn straight brother. 

The young lion

The golden corral

MC9 

He is the future 

Stick to one account will ya 

9 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I like Corral, but you are hyping him up like we spent a top 10 pick on the guy....

I don't see it as hyping him up, I see it as believing he could very well be the answer that we are looking for. 

It is so easy to discount a player that was injured before he ever got a real look.  

I put 100% of the blame on Rhule.  He had zero intentions of ever giving him a chance.   Part of me believes he wasn't going to give him a chance because he knew we would be in this situation if we fired him.  Why develop a guy that you are never going to use.   He wanted Mayfield, gave a bogus competition between him and Darnold.   He achieved his goal because now we are in the situation where we have a complete unknown in the one position, we need the most.  It leaves us to decide whether to draft a QB or believe he is who we thought he was when we drafted him.  Our next QB. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, ncfan said:

I swear

some people in our fan base if they were around in 2010.  Wouldn’t have wanted to draft Cam because we just took Pickles in rd 2 the year prior.

Which circles us back to the issue of their not being a Cam in this draft class, but there certainly looks to be Gabberts and Lockers.

• Pie 1

48 minutes ago, Icege said:

Which circles us back to the issue of their not being a Cam in this draft class, but there certainly looks to be Gabberts and Lockers.

Huh?  Last years class was the Gabberts and Lockers.  Mid guys who played in collegy systems and put up big #s.

this class is fine.  This class I call the Justin Herbert effect.  This time last year everyone was drooling over Young and Stroud, some even claiming would go top 3 in this past draft if they were eligible . 

They’re still in school, so people try to nit pick them and try to force flaws.  

Edited by ncfan

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

I swear

some people in our fan base if they were around in 2010.  Wouldn’t have wanted to draft Cam because we just took Pickles in rd 2 the year prior.

Well, I thought that we should've drafted Fields. He was certainly a better prospect than any QB last year and this year. Hell, he was arguably a better prospect than Football Fabio who was drafted ahead of him.

It strikes me as a little premature to label Corral as a boom, back-up, or bust based on what was a little bit above as one half of a preseason game on a Rhule coached team. Just give him a fair shake & let the chips fall. What ends up is a guess on how it turns out, but it would be wise to find out. IMO

• Pie 2