• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Orlovsky believes Maye and Williams are better than anyone this class

GoobyPls

2 hours ago, saX man said:

Next year, I'm sure 2024 will look super appealing around this time as well.  

Caleb's frame isn't far off from Young's and it's only like an inch difference between those two.  Weird to hype him and diss Young in the same vein.

Caleb is, at the very least, 20 pounds heavier than Young, and looks it too. He’s thick like a running back. 

• Beer 2

17 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

USC had quite a few busts as well… Leinart, Sanchez, Darnold, Barkley, Kessler, Cassel. Palmer was their only decent one. 
It’s why you can’t judge by schools. 

Yeah but Williams originated at Oklahoma. And the UNC fans on this board are extremleyyyyyy biased and annoying when it comes to Maye. 

Edited by USDepartmentOfSavagery
  • Pie 1

4 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Again, this is a value draft at QB. IF you do your homework and take a chance on a guy you can weed through this class a maybe get two more studs out of it, especially late first, second, third.

Hype is what destroys a class.  I think some front offices get caught up in the hype as well.   You here these talking heads going round and round about how great this or that QB is, and owners buying into it and gets the GM to select him.  IMO. if you do your homework, you'll find the right QB, regardless, of draft position. 

I have my opinions about Stroud, Young and the rest of the class.  But to be honest, I'm not an expert and hopefully Fitterer does his homework and if we select a QB I'll be onboard with whoever we choose.

Corral, IMO, was a Fitterer choice.  Obviously, it wasn't Rhule who chose him and he definitely wasn't going to groom him.  The biggest decision Fitterer has to make is, are any of these QBs in this class leaps and bounds better than Corral.  I know the haters are already itching to reply that he sucks.   I take them with a grain of salt because they have no idea one way or the other.  I am sure that they'll consider it greatly when a player we really need is on the board at our pick.  His injury, from what I have heard, was a freak accident caused by a terrible offensive line made up of a bunch of players trying to keep their dream alive.  Our beloved Corral haters will say "he looked horrible in preseason".  Fitterer knows the situation and will make the right call.

Just be prepared for a meltdown if we go in a different direction than QB.  It will be epic. 

• Pie 3

20 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Hype is what destroys a class.  I think some front offices get caught up in the hype as well.   You here these talking heads going round and round about how great this or that QB is, and owners buying into it and gets the GM to select him.  IMO. if you do your homework, you'll find the right QB, regardless, of draft position. 

I have my opinions about Stroud, Young and the rest of the class.  But to be honest, I'm not an expert and hopefully Fitterer does his homework and if we select a QB I'll be onboard with whoever we choose.

Corral, IMO, was a Fitterer choice.  Obviously, it wasn't Rhule who chose him and he definitely wasn't going to groom him.  The biggest decision Fitterer has to make is, are any of these QBs in this class leaps and bounds better than Corral.  I know the haters are already itching to reply that he sucks.   I take them with a grain of salt because they have no idea one way or the other.  I am sure that they'll consider it greatly when a player we really need is on the board at our pick.  His injury, from what I have heard, was a freak accident caused by a terrible offensive line made up of a bunch of players trying to keep their dream alive.  Our beloved Corral haters will say "he looked horrible in preseason".  Fitterer knows the situation and will make the right call.

Just be prepared for a meltdown if we go in a different direction than QB.  It will be epic. 

You confuse hating with realism for Corral to become successful he would have to be a missive outlier with all the information we know about him. 3rd round draft capital, injury history, new coaching staff and so on. For a bloke like Tepper who loves his analytics I can’t see him allowing us to go into next year with a low percentage play in Corral plus a journeyman as our only QBs 

9 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

You confuse hating with realism for Corral to become successful he would have to be a missive outlier with all the information we know about him. 3rd round draft capital, injury history, new coaching staff and so on. For a bloke like Tepper who loves his analytics I can’t see him allowing us to go into next year with a low percentage play in Corral plus a journeyman as our only QBs 

The realism is Corral got injured on a freak play.  The realism is Rhule didn't give him any quality reps. The realism is draft position means nothing after you've been drafted.  The realism is you have no idea what the new coaching staff sees in Corral. The realism is that Corral has all the tools to be a good QB and just needs quality Reps to prove it.

The Hating is that many of you want one of these QBs in this draft and nothing short of it is acceptable. The haters cannot and will not believe Corral could be as good, if not better than those in this draft class.  The haters believe he has no shot whatsoever.  

I've said before, We'll have to wait and see what we do in April.  If we go QB that's OK with me, if we trade down and get an extra pick somewhere that's ok too. Maybe we use our first pick on a different position of need. (this will get you haters in meltdown mode) and use one of our 2nd round picks for a QB to compete with Corral.

The difference between you and me is Corral was chosen by Fitterer not Rhule and that the talent is there, and the value was there too.  Corral has all the tools.

BTW, had it not been for his unsubstantiated claims of off the field issues he would have been a much higher pick.  Also, there were several talking heads including former QBs that had Corral as the best QB in his class. 

Arguing with you over this isn't worth my time because you want what you want and to hell with what's best for the team.  For you it is QB only with the first pick, while I am open to different avenues to get a better team on the field NOW. 

• Pie 3