• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Al Michaels on last nights game

hepcat

7 minutes ago, hepcat said:

PJ literally threw it into the hands of the defenders like 3 or 4 times last night on his already limited amount of throws, and you want him to throw it MORE? 

*shrugs*

Yeah.  You either trust him or you don't.  When they trust him, you get games like he played against the Bucs and the 2nd half against the Falcons in ATL.  When they don't trust him, it keeps the other team in the game, if not outright gives it to them - like against LA, Cincy, and last night.  And yeah, guys tend to make shitty throws when they get pressured, which is what happened on both the ones he threw straight to defenders.  If they keep him clean, he is solid.  

Again, my issue is, they have to trust him if they want to win.  Period.  

I know that won't go over well here though with so many people wanting to tank for mediocre, unproven college all-stars.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

27 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

The meme might be wrong, but I heard him say what I quoted.

Well, that's why I said "even if that's how he felt," because I remember him saying that also...  but I also don't think it was some personal dig at the Panthers.  I honestly think AL has grown a bit ornery in his older age...  he pretty much has talked poo about every game they've had this year on TNF, and for good reason.🤣🤣🤣  He also has made constant jokes about not wanting to go to OT and such because of how bad the quality has been, and I bekieve has even seemed to take a few jabs at Herbstreit.  At this point, I think he's just there for the check.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

That's a boomer quote, these franchise quarterbacks obviously don't grow on trees. We're coming off Brady/Brees/Rodgers/Big Ben/Cam/Prime Wilson etc era. The game is changing but it was also kinda pure luck that the league had 10-15 very good QB's able to play for 10-20 years.

There's plenty of young QB talent in the league. We just don't have any of it. Fortunately for us, neither do any of our division rivals. Hell, for that matter almost all of it is in the AFC.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

That's a boomer quote, these franchise quarterbacks obviously don't grow on trees. We're coming off Brady/Brees/Rodgers/Big Ben/Cam/Prime Wilson etc era. The game is changing but it was also kinda pure luck that the league had 10-15 very good QB's able to play for 10-20 years.

Al Michaels is not a boomer.

That being said, it’s a very douchey, entitled thing to say. nothing else he’s ever called compares to the miracle on ice game, either.

6 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Not pure luck. Good coaches can take 3rd round QBs, 6th round QBs, undrafted QBs, and turn them into Championship/HoF QBs on the regular. They have written books about it and have taught future NFL coaches how to do it too.

Edited by CPantherKing

8 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

And yeah, guys tend to make shitty throws when they get pressured, which is what happened on both the ones he threw straight to defenders.  If they keep him clean, he is solid.  

He only got pressured a handful of times and he made horrible decisions almost every single one of them. It is quite literally impossible to keep him in a clean pocket for an entire game, having him layup interceptions to defenders every time he faces pressure is not acceptable and there is no excuse for it.

8 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Again, my issue is, they have to trust him if they want to win.  Period.  

So according to you, we trusted him in the first game against the Falcons but not this past one? We lost the one we trusted him in and won the one we did not trust him in? Look man, I get that PJ is the most exciting quarterback we've had here for a while and it is at least a fun switch up from the regular dysfunction at the position, but they have every reason not to trust him. He has double the interceptions compared to touchdowns and has a habit of throwing passes straight to defenders' hands. Our only chances at winning games is to get our run game going, limit turnovers, and get stops on defense. Leaning on PJ Walker to win you games in the NFL is just not going to work.

9 hours ago, Chaos said:

He gives zero fugs now.  You could hear him making subtle jabs all night, about the team, the city, whatever.

All to often sports announcers  will make critical comments to appear all knowing and blessed with superior knowledge.

I have no idea if Al Michaels made continued critical comments toward our team or city but if he did, I say shame on him for stooping that low.

10 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

*shrugs*

Yeah.  You either trust him or you don't.  When they trust him, you get games like he played against the Bucs and the 2nd half against the Falcons in ATL.  When they don't trust him, it keeps the other team in the game, if not outright gives it to them - like against LA, Cincy

Cincy's not an example in this case. He was trusted, and was completing more of his passes to the Bengals than his teammates. If he wasn't benched he was gonna throw 8 interceptions.

2 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

National announcers never show respect to Carolina teams, in college or the NFL

The NFL flat out told Richardson Charlotte will never host a superbowl, and I suspect it's not a coincidence that the officiating always goes against us anytime we get close to a superbowl

It's part of being a Carolina fan, the world is against you 

Green Bay, Kansas City, and Denver will never host a Super Bowl, either. Or Chicago, Buffalo, and New England.