• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The LA Rams are 3-7…. We had their second round pick this year

TheBigKat

You could possibly recoup his value in the second this season and still have 2 1sts in your pocket down the road. You are looking at this in a vacuum.  I would argue the value is in the production he provides.  It is replaceable at a lesser cost and you can add more value later with the picks you added in the trade. Buts it's moot now.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

38 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

You could possibly recoup his value in the second this season and still have 2 1sts in your pocket down the road. You are looking at this in a vacuum.  I would argue the value is in the production he provides.  It is replaceable at a lesser cost and you can add more value later with the picks you added in the trade. Buts it's moot now.

Or with our 1st on a better player and have enough to trade up for a QB. Or trade both those future first for an established player who is better than Burns on a contract with another team eating some salary. 

Saying Burns isn't replaceable is complete BS. It's is just a matter of the people doing this being good enough to not make a terrible decisions. It's not moot, we could still trade him and may need to...just for a lot less in all likelihood. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

50 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

If you complain about everything, like a whole lot of ppl do, odds are you are going to be right once in a while. It's a law.

Complaining is one thing. Recognizing piss poor moves when they happen is something else. You don't have to be an NFL executive to see that the majority of what Rhule did was destined for failure. If you watch any type of film, you can tell the guys who can play and who can't. But please, continue to defend Tepper and Rhule and all the awww shucks we'll get em next time moves and the perpetual failure that has permeated this organization the past 4 years and the majority of its existence. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Or with our 1st on a better player and have enough to trade up for a QB. Or trade both those future first for an established player who is better than Burns on a contract with another team eating some salary. 

Saying Burns isn't replaceable is complete BS. It's is just a matter of the people doing this being good enough to not make a terrible decisions. It's not moot, we could still trade him and may need to...just for a lot less in all likelihood. 

I don't think you will ever get another offer like that for him again. We will overpay for a myth and some perceived future performance just like Hurney was famous for and live to regret it. But they will sell a lot of jerseys I guess. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Cullenator said:

Infinite Monkey Theorem

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem

100s or maybe 1000s of posters with their takes may well be right more than any individual.

Doesnt mean any of them would make better GMs

Look I got no ego, this I know- I would have done better in rounds 2-7 than smarty marty herniay. He would still own me in the first round, but I would have former better depth via 2-7 than herniay dreamed of...

3 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

And the following seasons two firsts…

that’s called a colossal f up by Fitt

You haven’t posted anything more than poo posts in years dude. If you’re upset that we don’t have the Rams second round pick in the draft next year because we decided to keep burns do you need to step away from football for a bit. I’m glad we kept Burns and this isn’t even close.

if that deal had been for a first this year and a first and a second next year I’d have been down for it. But not all 1st and second round picks are created equally and with McVay we have a really big gamble of those being late round first round picks.  I’m good with keeping a known pro bowl level DE over a gamble on a pick.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 2

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

I don't think you will ever get another offer like that for him again. We will overpay for a myth and some perceived future performance just like Hurney was famous for and live to regret it. But they will sell a lot of jerseys I guess. 

I don't think offers like that come around often so I have already lowed my expectations a ton if we do end up shipping him off under the new management.

He isn't worth a top deal. He is a good player but not a great player. It's going to be interesting to see what they offer him. I'm still hoping for a trade but for a lot less. 

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

That's exactly what it was about. He's the only other player than McCaffrey that sold jerseys. Just shows you tepper ain't about that winning. 

5 hours ago, Cullenator said:

Infinite Monkey Theorem

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem

100s or maybe 1000s of posters with their takes may well be right more than any individual.

Doesnt mean any of them would make better GMs

Wtf that does not even apply to this lmao, do you even understand the theorem you linked? It relies on infinite time and random input and isn’t relevant at all. 

Since Tepper took over most of his dumbass blunders were immediately called out and shortly later failed over a spans of five years, which is a just a tad shorter than an infinite amount of time. 

Furthermore, as much as the huddle argues at one another it was a general consensus of probably like 80% of the huddle (which is impressive), far less than 100s or 1000s, not random patterns, and not infinite time.

50 posters (declining over time), one pattern, foresight, five years.

Finally, your conclusion also makes zero sense.

These things don’t mean huddlers would be a good GM.

It means our GM and owner are not good enough to be a GM/owner.

Get it?

Edited by onmyown
  • Beer 1