• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quote ‘DJ needs to catch the balls when thrown to him’

raleigh-panther

I know the huddle doesn’t want to hear this but I really don’t see a QB in this draft that is going to be the next “Franchise QB”. The only guys that look the part is Caleb Williams and Drake Maye and they aren’t in the draft this year. 

Drafting a Will Anderson and getting a rental might be the best long term option. Especially if we can get a competent OC.

Edited by Cdparr7
  • Beer 1

18 hours ago, Knaakedup said:

I blame us more than DJ. We convinced ourselves he's in the same echelon as a Davante Adams, or Justin Jefferson but he "just needs the right qb" just because he's our draft pick.

I've never thought he was #1 and I'll die on that hill. 

Those guys make magic happen out of nothing (at times), and can completely take over a game even when everyone knows they are going to get the ball. 

Not once has DJ taken over a game. The catch in Atlanta was his only shining moment that I can recall and that's probably because theres been very little shining moments here the last few years. 

Should have dumped him for that #1, freed ourselves of that contract, and basically got a mulligan on our wr position this draft. 

You hit the nail on the head. I seriously question the logic of our FO sometimes. Same with Burns, although he’s more consistent as an impact player.

• Pie 1

56 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

I know the huddle doesn’t want to hear this but I really don’t see a QB in this draft that is going to be the next “Franchise QB”. The only guys that look the part is Caleb Williams and Drake Maye and they aren’t in the draft this year. 

Drafting a Will Anderson and getting a rental might be the best long term option. Especially if we can get a competent OC.

This is said by Huddlers almost every draft, understandably  so, but the fact is the QB  cupboard is bare and has been since 2018 when Cam’s injuries started to add up

look for, as the late John Madden said ‘big time players make big time plays in big games’.

that’s who needs to be drafted at the QB position, that’s who the chance needs to be taken on.

to me, that’s the first cut and from that cut decide which one reads a defense quicker or can buy time to read that defense 

as I sit here and know  Herbert  and Fields were passed on by Rhule, it pisses me off 

in the nfl, if you ain’t got a QB, you got nothing 

Edited by raleigh-panther

I was thinking yesterday about the las5 5 years. Every year it seems like we pay 20 million for a QB that isn’t playing. Cam, Teddy Darnold for various reasons 

That is pretty tough. 
And we were basically a 7-9 type team most of the time but never 5 years without even a sniff. 

Edited by stratocatter

20 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

Coach Wilks bluntly tells the truth.   This is from his press conference today 

we have all said the same thing 

he also said they need to be more creative in freeing DJ from double teams 

plus, ‘if you are supposed to be a superstar on this team, time to be one’

Honestly, I would hate to be him and be served the poo in a sandwich that is the QB position and OC 

he also said when asked, ‘there is nothing I have said here that the players have not been told’ 

I watched it live.  It’s up on panthers.com mobile but I couldn’t share it

He also doesn’t try very hard 

I've been disappointed with DJ from time to time but he's only one piece of the puzzle. If this is all Wilks has for us as far as I'm concerned go ahead and start the coaching search now. Fitterer can go with him. You turn down trades yet then go and alienate the same guys knowing the bad decisions you have made have led us to this point? Incompetence. Clean house.

• Beer 1

I like that coach Wilks is holding his players accountable for their play on the field when we as the fans can also see the poor execution. Players have always said that they want an honest and upfront coach, not to be pampered. Wilks will tell you how it is! Would you guys as fans want coach Wilks to say that they are putting in good practices and players are getting better, believe in the Process (ala Rhule)? 

These are grown ass men playing a physical contact sport, don't get butt hurt if your coach says you're playing like sh*t. 

2 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

While most likely true you gotta take one at some point and move on. If Corral (assuming he's here) cannot win the starting spot or backup role over (insert scrub vet here), or the new kid needs time or just isn't worth it, we are taking another qb next year.

• Pie 1

21 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Everything about the offense is broken. DJ has hung tough through bad coaching and had QB play his entire career but he finally looks like he's had enough and checked out now that he's secured the bag.

Sounds like a lot of excuses.  I'm not saying those things arent true.  I'm saying you're a professional and you need to be responsible for yourself.   He hasnt played well this season.

8 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Sounds like a lot of excuses.  I'm not saying those things arent true.  I'm saying you're a professional and you need to be responsible for yourself.   He hasnt played well this season.

We're a terrible team. The list of players who have played well is short indeed. Just the way it goes when you're a terrible team. 

On 11/21/2022 at 8:42 PM, Jon Snow said:

I honestly don't think he cares. Partly because our QB/OC suck I assume. But he has shown this oh well attitude pretty much since the day he arrived.  I remember Smith commenting on his lack of attitude or something like the back then. Maybe someone else might remember his quote. It was prophetic in hindsight. 

He doesn’t have to be fiery like Smitty to be a great receiver (Calvin Johnson), but does need to give max effort. I don’t we’ve seen DJ at 100% all in ever

Edited by Move the Panthers to Raleigh
  • Beer 1