• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold Time

Jackie Lee

5 hours ago, Toker Smurf said:

I’d rather pick in the top two or three and give up a higher pick to the Browns. Baker has been bad. If Sam is decent we might win a couple more games. 

You could be right. Most of us are assuming he looks bad again, but he may win a game or two

Imo this game will be a big indictment against McAdoo. When he took the job, as posters mentioned he likely had an offense thrown together that he then adjusted to accommodate Darnold. The team then drafts Corral (likely with McAdoo's urging), who McAdoo likely feels can slide into the offense that he has, before pulling the rug out and trading for Baker.

We've all seen and commented how Baker is not the player that he was, but that he's also in an offense that is not adjusting to his abilities. With Darnold in the driver seat, if this offense looks as inept as it has all season, I wouldn't be surprised to see McAdoo fired.

On 11/23/2022 at 3:03 PM, ForJimmy said:

The problem is absolutely the QB and the OC.  The talent isn't as much of an issue.  We aren't top half of the league for talent, but there is enough.  We had CMC the first part of the season and still struggled.  The fact that a XFL QB is able to move the offense when his accuracy isn't all scattered shows you we have enough pieces to move the ball on offense.  

Baker for example needs a running game, PA, and to be able to roll out.  The Ravens stopped our running game and kept him in the pocket.  That will do it every time for Baker.  However even when our running game IS working, McAdoo still can't use Baker correctly.  

He could move the offense against the Falcons. The Failcons. The 28-3's. The Poopy Pant Ryan's. The FALCONS.

He proceeded to throw for more yards to the Bengals than he did to the Panthers in one half. 

He's garbage. The offense is garbage. You go to a power run game to protect the offense. Our line sucks. Our receivers suck. Our tight ends are the worst in the league.

30 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

He could move the offense against the Falcons. The Failcons. The 28-3's. The Poopy Pant Ryan's. The FALCONS.

He proceeded to throw for more yards to the Bengals than he did to the Panthers in one half. 

He's garbage. The offense is garbage. You go to a power run game to protect the offense. Our line sucks. Our receivers suck. Our tight ends are the worst in the league.

Give me a break.  He came in clean up duty against the Bengals and moved the ball against their prevent defense.  Our OL actually doesn't suck and DJ Moore looked good again last week.  These players need a good HC that can get the best out of them.  Rhule had them playing terrible and now Wilks has them playing serviceable and we think he is the next best thing.  I'd prefer a coach that get the MOST out of his players.  Baker look much better in Cleveland.

You also go to a power run game when you don't know offense and want to lean on your defense to win games.  It's what Rivera always wanted to do.  It's why WIlks is Rivera 2.0....

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Give me a break.  He came in clean up duty against the Bengals and moved the ball against their prevent defense.  Our OL actually doesn't suck and DJ Moore looked good again last week.  These players need a good HC that can get the best out of them.  Rhule had them playing terrible and now Wilks has them playing serviceable and we think he is the next best thing.  I'd prefer a coach that get the MOST out of his players.  Baker look much better in Cleveland.

You also go to a power run game when you don't know offense and want to lean on your defense to win games.  It's what Rivera always wanted to do.  It's why WIlks is Rivera 2.0....

Not saying we would have hired him but it makes me angry we didn’t fire Rhule last year and go after Dabole.

Sure it looks like the clock has struck midnight for the Giants but the fact he was able to coach 7 wins out of them is amazing.  

• Pie 2

I am interested to see how Darnold does after the bye on the road. It should be a big test since we haven't won on the road all season although we should have in Atlanta.  Then we come back home against Blitzburgh. Win these games and then let's see what happens. If he wants another contract, then he needs to earn it..........

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I am interested to see how Darnold does after the bye on the road. It should be a big test since we haven't won on the road all season although we should have in Atlanta.  Then we come back home against Blitzburgh. Win these games and then let's see what happens. If he wants another contract, then he needs to earn it..........

I would say the odds of another contract are less than 0.1% since the move to get him was apparently not viewed terribly well by ownership. I kind of doubt that he wants to keep around a reminder of the previous coaches massive failures.

23 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

What games did we win last year with Darnold when the other team scored more than 24 or so points?

That wasn't what was said.

What was said was we know what happens when he's behind and has to produce.

.Well he showed against the Vikings that even though his recievers were dropping the ball left and right that he could take us 90yds. Including 2 4th down dimes.

He has done it once. The defense  collapsed in overtime.