• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Payton Update

Mr. Scot

Not surprising its 2 teams that already have franchise QBs in place, finding a reliable QB right now is a nightmare and you have to bet on reclamation projects or tank for one in the draft , it's so bad that people want Ghost Boy back in Carolina 

I think he may have been considering us untill Baker didn't work out, we are still a cart without a horse 

7 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I am fairly certain he meant New Orleans.  He is still technically under contract to them.  And any team he goes to will have to compensate New Orleans.  

Yeah I'm aware or that.  It seemed like he was trying to say that Atlanta would outbid us in terms of compensation to keep him from coming here and instead coach the falcons

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Yeah I'm aware or that.  It seemed like he was trying to say that Atlanta would outbid us in terms of compensation to keep him from coming here and instead coach the falcons

Hmmm, can't imagine that would happen.  Fwiw, I think given their cap limitations, I think Atlanta's new coach has done an amazing job.  Give him a solid qb, and they might be set for a while.  

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Lol nothing like hearing Sean Payton wants your job.

Thinking Chargers are best fit for him. 

True, I wouldn't be surprised if Arizona moves on from Kyler in a couple years anyway, dead cap hit is manageable after 2024. They probably need to see him with a different HC before then to determine if Kingsbury is the problem or if they're both children

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think most of us knew by this point that he wasn't coming here.

Surprised the Cowboys aren't listed though 🤔

this sounds like assumptions being made based off of his interview a couple months ago about going to a unicorn (aka team with a franchise QB in place). At this point in time, the Chargers and Cardinals are the only teams with franchise QBs that might be moving on from their HCs.

I'd be interested in how much of this is truth vs speculation. Also, my theory for where Payton lands......

THE CLEVELAND BROWNS.

Edited by TheCasillas

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

As much as I think Brandon Staley just isnt it for the Chargers... if they make the playoffs this year with all of the injuries they have been dealing with... I cant see LA firing him. 

There's usually one coach that gets fired despite making the playoffs. It was the Chargers after all who canned Schottenheimer after he went 14-2.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, trueblade said:

There's usually one coach that gets fired despite making the playoffs. It was the Chargers after all who canned Schottenheimer after he went 14-2.

Schottenheimer was fired because he turned down the 1 year lame duck extension from Dean Spanos. They had bad blood between each other for the longest time. Coincidence for sure, but no reason to think Staley will get fired.  Staley had a winning season his first year as HC and is on pace to have another.  It would have to take an absolute bombing of the season for them to move on. Chargers lead the league in missed time due to  injuries to starting players, and he is still finding ways to win football games on both sides of the football.

Edited by TheCasillas