• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bye bye Baker

TN05

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

I have no clue what you're saying in the bold.  You actually did not omit Baker's Cincy work, you very clearly included his 2 TDs from that game otherwise he would be at 4 TDs and 6 INTs.  Also he did not even play in the TB game...are you talking about Sam from last year?

Your wrong statistics aside...so Baker with an infinitely better o-line performed comparably to Sam?  That's the argument you feel good about making?  And that's only if you for some reason disregard Sam's actual productive 4-game stretch to open the 2021 season which doesn't count I guess because "teams didn't have film on Sam yet"...which somehow didn't stop Baker from sucking right out the gate with no film on him. This is such a weird and selective comparison.  Let's just exclude Baker's first 4 starts this season too where all of his TDs came from, so updated QB A numbers: 0 TDs, 3 INTs.

Remember when you argued that Baker's 47 batted passes were because of McAdoo's playcalling?  But then PJ and Sam proceeded to not have that issue somehow?  Funny how that works out.

For the record I agree with you that PJ is probably the best QB on our roster as sad as that is.  I think Darnold has been awful, before you go all "DaRnOlD fAnBoY" on me, but Baker gave us the worst QB play we've had in 3 seasons and no amount of selective (and falsified) statistics are going to refute that.

it wasn't intentional.  Just quick.  Updated

QB A: 56%, 196 yard avg, 4 TDs, 6 INTs, 1 FL, 1 rush TD

QB B: 57%, 167 yard avg, 3 TDs, 5 INTs, 2 FL, 1 rush TD

I said their last 6 starts, so yeah, this skips over the the Cincy game for Baker and the Tampa game for Sam.  Neither started.  Both played.   I went back 6 starts because going back further obviously puts Baker on different team.   And it's a what have you done for me lately league. 

They suck.  You are the one expressing outrage because someone else argued Baker was still better than trash Darnold.  Why would you even care someone said that? 

I remember when I called out trash McAdoo.  The Rhule/McAdoo era is what you are referencing.  I remember Wilks talking about how they were going to change some things and it was evident game 1 of Wilks that a new offensive thumbprint was put down.   So yeah, defenses no longer are keying in on McAdoo's RPO bullshit every snap that went down under Rhule.  Wilks too old school for that.   He just runs the damn ball at people now.  Which is what Rhule should of had McAdoo doing.  Funny how you ignore that.   Rhule is a clown and let McAdoo do clown things.  Now Wilks just runs at people. 

Sam is horrific.  Baker is horrific.  Who cares about either. 

and Matt Rhule would probably be employed today if he started PJ Walker and actually ran and emphasized the run like he talked about (and never actually did).  He couldn't even manage to get McAdoo to do the basics he preached on.   I mean, it's hard to argue that Steve Wilks didn't alter what McAdoo was doing on O. 

• Beer 2

The idea that this is an IOU for San Francisco seems pretty silly. What would that even look Iike? You really think whatever they might do to help us, with zero obligation whatsoever, would help us more than them losing a couple extra games starting Purdy and increasing the value of the picks we got from McCaffrey? Be real. Instead it's far more likely that the team realized San Francisco would be desperate for a qb in their playoff pursuit, there'd be a good chance they'd claim him off waivers, which would push his salary onto their cap and save us nearly 2 million dollars for a player that we had no more use for.

You could make the argument for holding onto him for a comp pick, but a) that requires Fitterer to stay out of free agency which he hasn't shown a tendency for. Especially since we will have so few free agents that anyone would want, meaning we'd almost have to sit out of free agency completely to net a pick. And b) Baker’s value has tanked so much that at best maybe we're looking at a 6th even if we play the comp rules perfectly. Probably more useful to have an extra $1.7 million or whatever it is then a best case scenario of a 2024 6th round comp (effectively a 7th).

36 minutes ago, CRA said:

They suck.  You are the one expressing outrage because someone else argued Baker was still better than trash Darnold.  Why would you even care someone said that? 

Probably because a lot of people made it personal and called people straight up stupid.  What did you expect to happen when those people slinging insults get proven wrong?

Yes they both suck.  But the hate towards people curious to see Sam play was unwarranted.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CRA said:

it wasn't intentional.  Just quick.  Updated

QB A: 56%, 196 yard avg, 4 TDs, 6 INTs, 1 FL, 1 rush TD

QB B: 57%, 167 yard avg, 3 TDs, 5 INTs, 2 FL, 1 rush TD

I said their last 6 starts, so yeah, this skips over the the Cincy game for Baker and the Tampa game for Sam.  Neither started.  Both played.   I went back 6 starts because going back further obviously puts Baker on different team.   And it's a what have you done for me lately league. 

I remember when I called out trash McAdoo.  The Rhule/McAdoo era is what you are referencing.  I remember Wilks talking about how they were going to change some things and it was evident game 1 of Wilks that a new offensive thumbprint was put down.   So yeah, defenses no longer are keying in on McAdoo's RPO bullshit every snap that went down under Rhule.  Wilks too old school for that.   He just runs the damn ball at people now.  Which is what Rhule should of had McAdoo doing.  Funny how you ignore that.   Rhule is a clown and let McAdoo do clown things.  Now Wilks just runs at people. 

Sam is horrific.  Baker is horrific.  Who cares about either. 

and Matt Rhule would probably be employed today if he started PJ Walker and actually ran and emphasized the run like he talked about (and never actually did).  He couldn't even manage to get McAdoo to do the basics he preached on.   I mean, it's hard to argue that Steve Wilks didn't alter what McAdoo was doing on O. 

This guy spends 20 minutes researching statistics and selectively crunching up numbers manually (incorrectly, might I reiterate) in response to my one sentence throwaway post and has the audacity to ask me why I care so much.....me.  Ok dude lol.  I didn't even call any individuals out but I'm glad you're stepping forward and outing yourself as one of those big Baker Boyz who would rather us have given up a 4th round pick instead of a 5th, just to fawn over watching him go 3-and-out for 11 out of 12 drives.

6 hours ago, therealmjl said:

8D chess by Fitt.

Let San Fran claim him, their season is then derailed and the CMAC return is higher.

In reality this is a bit of 8D chess. Locks in the 5th rounder cost, clears ~$2M in cap space (if claimed), and doing a player a solid doesn't hurt when FA rolls around.

As to Rhule’s comments that he would have tried to make a big trade or splash signing if he knew he wasn’t on a Jay-Z seven-year plan, well, how would he characterize the Panthers making a run at Stafford and Watson?
Rhule might not have known how to connect to NFL players when he arrived from Waco, but he knew how the pro game worked: Find a franchise quarterback or flame out and that brings us back to Mayfield.
After the Panthers balked at guaranteeing all of Watson’s contract — not that Watson would have necessarily picked them anyway — Rhule turned his sights to Mayfield, who wanted out of Cleveland after the Browns landed Watson.
Not all of the Panthers’ decision-makers were initially on board, according to multiple sources with direct knowledge of the situation. But Rhule was persistent and eventually got his man.

29 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

This guy spends 20 minutes researching statistics and selectively crunching up numbers manually (incorrectly, might I reiterate) in response to my one sentence throwaway post and has the audacity to ask me why I care so much.....me.  Ok dude lol.  I didn't even call any individuals out but I'm glad you're stepping forward and outing yourself as one of those big Baker Boyz who would rather us have given up a 4th round pick instead of a 5th, just to fawn over watching him go 3-and-out for 11 out of 12 drives.

I‘m a PJ dude boss. 

6 hours ago, Randolph Panther said:

I couldnt believe how bad he was.  I thought he was fairly decent a couple of years back but he looks washed up now.

I the same, thought it was one of the best "value" trades in panthers history. It just didnt work out. Scary part is if only darnold didnt get hurt and take so long to get healthy. Baker never showed much minus the comeback against cleveland and garbo-time against bungals. He got worst each game it felt like, dam shame cause it did look he was trying his hardest......(just got a bad case of succ..)

Hes had the craziest football career in history also...