• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Biggest draft needs...

Sam the Cat

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Wow. That is probably the most conservative passing chart I've ever seen in the NFL. 12 of 14 completions less than 5 yards beyond the LOS. Only 6 attempts deeper than 5 yards and 2/6 on those.

You already forgot about Walker's game earlier this season?

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Wow. That is probably the most conservative passing chart I've ever seen in the NFL. 12 of 14 completions less than 5 yards beyond the LOS. Only 6 attempts deeper than 5 yards and 2/6 on those.

And if we needed anything more from Sam we would’ve lost. 

He had two lay ups to DJ fall incomplete. Two plays he could’ve ran for a first down and a touchdown. Playing QB couldn’t have been made any easier for him today and he did nothing. 

Such a waste of a defense and solid OL

• Pie 2

After things shake out, I think we end up picking in the 15-20 range.  I suspect Richardson will still be there.

I'd take Richardson and let him sit and learn his first year.  Re-sign Darnold to a cheap 2-year deal.

Take the Georgia TE in the second along with a Edge to pair with Burns.

Maybe a LB in the third.

We will be a running team in 2023. Our defense will keep things close. This will net 7-10 wins.  In 2024, Richardson steps in and we will have more offensive balance.

This is the way.

I'm gonna focus on less talked about needs like linebacker, de, corner and free safety.  

the draft is a hope to upgrade. 

Burns is legit.  we need someone on the other side.  we have been creative with our blitzes to get luvu involved but defensive end is a need. 

Shaqs time in carolina may be at its end. his salary hit is becoming problematic.  we need side line to side line speed and solid tackling behind the dline. 

Chinn is really fun to watch sometimes. when he is not so fun is when he is forced to play coverage instead of seek and destroy. pairing him with a young ball hawk that complements him would solidify the last line. 

I like Donte but Horn is the real deal.  much like the safeties situation to build for the future we need to find him a partner in crime. bring thieves ave back.  

lastly the Brady C experiment at LG has been meh.  at this point he might be better as the reserve swing tackle and bringing in for jumbo packages. let's put somebody beside Ickey that way the left side is set.  

the offense is evolving.  QB is obvious. the less obvious need is another RB.  Hubbard, Foreman and Blackshear have been impressive at times but there is a possibility of upgrading.  tight end and wide receiver I see as Free Agency targets less draft targets. 

it all depends on free agency what needs are still present come draft day.  

17 hours ago, ECHornet said:

For where we’re likely to be picking, TE Michael Mayer could make the biggest impact. Add him to this physical style of offense and we can move the ball. Tremble can play the Thomas role of blocking TE2. 

I love that guy

ive watched him all year. Huge physical specimen 

mean as a snake 

wants to be great 

he is the next kelce or gronk 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My point is that we're winning by downplaying the QB position. That is not sustainable in the modern NFL.

I just hope Tepper isn't falling for this poo but he has been utterly hapless as an owner so far so I'm sure he thinks his team has arrived.

Pretty sure that's how Wilks wants it. Run the ball, defense and time of possession. 

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

I love that guy

ive watched him all year. Huge physical specimen 

mean as a snake 

wants to be great 

he is the next kelce or gronk 

Definitely with you on that. I think either Mayer this year or Bowers next year would solve the TE position for a decade. 

• Beer 1

38 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Tier 1 priorities--totally agree (more specifically ILB) and I'd even say WR.  Tier 2 priorities- DE, S, RB, C, DT, OLB.  Tier 3 (positions that could be skipped)--OG, OT, CB

In my fevered dreams, I sometimes wonder if a really strong, industrial strength OC would make WR and TE less of an urgent need (tier one) and something that can be addressed in later rounds (tier two or three).  In other words, is it a player talent issue or a scheme and coaching issue?  Would a first round TE or WR be wasted under McAdoodoo?

It is heresy but, I'll say it anyway.  We need to get the OC position fixed before we firm up our draft strategy.  YMMV.

15 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

In my fevered dreams, I sometimes wonder if a really strong, industrial strength OC would make WR and TE less of an urgent need (tier one) and something that can be addressed in later rounds (tier two or three).  In other words, is it a player talent issue or a scheme and coaching issue?  Would a first round TE or WR be wasted under McAdoodoo?

It is heresy but, I'll say it anyway.  We need to get the OC position fixed before we firm up our draft strategy.  YMMV.

An effective OC is even more important than a QB to be honest.  That said, even the best QBs can't work with subpar WRs and TEs.  Our TE room is B-A-D, BAD.  Yes, they can block, but so can bringing in additional o-linemen like we've been doing with Ervin and Mays. The WRs room is average, so yes, we can upgrade there as well. 

We have 4 top 100 picks, 7 by pick 150, so it's not like we have to sacrifice one position for another.  A solid draft will fill most of the holes on the roster.