• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can Tepper find anyone better than Wilks?

Saca312

Wilks will be hard to let go if they win the division. 

I'll say this up front: he was not somebody I would have considered when The Process was canned.  But, he got thrown into this mess, and I would give him or any interim HC a pass for their first week.  He's led the same team that The Process was getting 1-4 out of to 4-2 since the Rams game.  And he did this after we traded the guy who was most of our offense.

We can talk about the quality of the opponents in that stretch, but the man has no control over who stands on the opposite sidelines.  You play who the league booked.

Are there better HC candidates out there?  I think so.  Can Tepper find them?  What worries me about that question is what has happened every time Tepper tries to swing for the fences.  Limiting it to just HC hires, he is 0 for 1 but it was a disaster.

I'm not saying they should or should not give Wilks the job, just that he has made a strong case for himself.

His OC, who he didn't hire, not so much.

• Beer 3

After watching (and defending) Cam against the crowd who wouldn’t give him his due because he wasn’t the elite passing QB, I think I can apply the same to Wilks. 

You might not have liked HOW Cam scored points but he scored as well as anyone. He moved the chains. That’s what his job was. Points. 

Wilks isn’t the sexy offensive genius winning games with wild offense, but he’s winning. 

I don’t give a poo. Just win baby. Just win. 

He’s making it hard to let him leave. That’s a damn good problem to have IMO. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 5

Just now, uncfan888 said:

I'm not sure. But we've won 3 out of the last 4 with a roster that rhule couldn't do poo with

Oh he's much better than Rhule.

If he keeps winning, then yes, he's HC next year.  He's got these guys playing hard. 

But I'm not ready to offer him a contract until we see the rest of the season is all.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

After watching (and defending) Cam against the crowd who wouldn’t give him his due because he wasn’t the elite passing QB, I think I can apply the same to Wilks. 

You might not have liked HOW Cam scored points but he scored as well as anyone. He moved the chains. That’s what his job was. Points. 

Wilks isn’t the sexy offensive genius winning games with wild offense, but he’s winning. 

I don’t give a poo. Just win baby. Just win. 

He’s making it hard to let him leave. That’s a damn good problem to have IMO. 

Cam was elite in his own way and he expecting him to play the game like Brees did just to placate armchair QBs was a disservice to his talent. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, OneBadCat said:

Cam was elite in his own way and he expecting him to play the game like Brees did just to placate armchair QBs was a disservice to his talent. 

Yup. And you saw how some viewed him, by only referencing his passing stats, and not including his rushing when comparing him to other QB’s. 

They didn’t get it.