• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Erving

RumHam

Just now, vorbis said:

Panthers have been using extra linemen to jumpstart the running game since Steve Wilks took over. when Erving is in he's usually the 6th or 7th lineman on the field. see Cade Mays at fullback last couple games. it's just to get better matchups in run block, that's it. get that 6th OL to block a linebacker at the point of attack. that's all.

that's what i was going to point out. a big part of the reason they have been so successful with the run game is that they put the added beef up front. Front 7s are just overwhelmed.

Those extra linemen in on a semi-regular basis are making a huge impact on the games, no pun intended. We are just clobbering the other d-line and linebackers with them.

And sooner or later, one of those big boys is going to sneak out on a pass play since they are having to report in as eligible receivers every time. Just the possibility of that puts some weird wrinkles into defending us.

3 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Those extra linemen in on a semi-regular basis are making a huge impact on the games, no pun intended. We are just clobbering the other d-line and linebackers with them.

And sooner or later, one of those big boys is going to sneak out on a pass play since they are having to report in as eligible receivers every time. Just the possibility of that puts some weird wrinkles into defending us.

Like Penei Sewell did yesterday on a key third down for Detroit.

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Also, if you were able to focus on the games you'd notice that Erving has played about 15-20 snaps over the last 4 games. Once Wilks took over he brought in our jumbo packages.

This is more than the old jumbo packages. Maybe these are the mumbo jumbo packages?

• Beer 1

So funny what people choose to notice out of all of the great stuff that happened yesterday. I've also felt that Erving played terribly for us last year, but using him as the extra lineman has worked great since Wilks started doing it. I also noticed him congratulating and cheering with his teammates yesterday, especially the younger guys. He seems to be a good mentor, and one of those guys who will do whatever he can to help the team. He's been great in his current role. 

• Pie 8

30 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

So funny what people choose to notice out of all of the great stuff that happened yesterday. I've also felt that Erving played terribly for us last year, but using him as the extra lineman has worked great since Wilks started doing it. I also noticed him congratulating and cheering with his teammates yesterday, especially the younger guys. He seems to be a good mentor, and one of those guys who will do whatever he can to help the team. He's been great in his current role. 

Yeah, I watched him on the sideline in LA. He was doing this then too. No problem with it.