• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Apple pulls out. So does Disney/ESPN

PanthersATL

With just 23 days left in the current DirecTV Sunday Ticket contract, Apple has pulled out of the negotiations, leaving just Amazon and Google in the race

word is that Apple wanted to sell individual games or teams, while the NFL wanted to make it an entire package. The NFL also wants to keep a certain price point to appease CBS and FOX from potentially losing viewers. 

as for Disney, while it could have been used to power Disney+ or ESPN subscriptions, the deal was likely too costly for a company currently looking to cut costs,

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, onmyown said:

think they underestimate how many fans they alienate and money they miss out on. But that’s what happens when 70 year olds are likely calling the shots. Hell they might even just keep it status quo on a fuging outdated satellite in 2023 lol

Direcztv is already out of the consumer conversation, although they may still try to negotiate a continuation for the sports bar business.

I’d like a team-by-team subscription rather than pay for individual games or picking the whole package.  

if the only option is buying the whole package, it’s still cheaper to view/eat/drink at home than it is going to a sports bar and eating/drinking there.

But if the choice is between YouTube and Amazon Prime….. I think more people would would rather  go through Amazon than through Google.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Gerry Green said:

NFL+ on the NFL APP is only 10 bucks. You can watch every game, once it is over that is. It has every game going back to 07 I think. 

It has full game replays, condescends replays, and All22. 

You're welcome.

You expect us to say thanks for enlightening us with the knowledge that we can pay money to watch a game that is complete? That sounds awful. 

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

NFL+ on the NFL APP is only 10 bucks. You can watch every game, once it is over that is. It has every game going back to 07 I think. 

You're welcome.

Okay, Roger Goodell.

• Pie 5

5 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

You're welcome.

My question is why pay 10 bucks for an APP when one can just simply go to a so-called "questionable website" (like onmyown mentioned) and watch the games there for free?  

6 hours ago, PanthersATL said:

Direcztv is already out of the consumer conversation, although they may still try to negotiate a continuation for the sports bar business.

I’d like a team-by-team subscription rather than pay for individual games or picking the whole package.  

if the only option is buying the whole package, it’s still cheaper to view/eat/drink at home than it is going to a sports bar and eating/drinking there.

But if the choice is between YouTube and Amazon Prime….. I think more people would would rather  go through Amazon than through Google.

Yeah, YouTube will charge cable subscription prices.