• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFCS Playoff Picture (ESPN)

onmyown

On 12/19/2022 at 8:52 AM, top dawg said:

Blah blah blah. Who among us will actually root for the Cowboys or anyone else if we make the playoffs? Well...

If you do, you may as well go root for them now. If you continually feel the need to root for the Panthers to tank, then maybe it's time to reassess things and go root for another team period.

If we somehow end up in the playoffs, I'm watching and cheering for the Panthers regardless of the outcome. Even if we get beat down, I'll still be a Panthers fan and will continue to be a Panthers fan.

I find it absolutely hilarious that the "Tanker" get so angry whenever someone mentions winning. Like it's a Mortal Sin to want your team to win. That, and how superior they act, like they are on to some secret cheat code that us normal folks cannot see. 

I cannot fathom why someone would root for their supposed favorite team to lose. The mind boggles.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

17 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

I find it absolutely hilarious that the "Tanker" get so angry whenever someone mentions winning. Like it's a Mortal Sin to want your team to win. That, and how superior they act, like they are on to some secret cheat code that us normal folks cannot see. 

I cannot fathom why someone would root for their supposed favorite team to lose. The mind boggles.

All you do is bitch bitch bitch lol

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

On 12/19/2022 at 12:35 PM, stbugs said:

True, Sam Darnold was their QB back then and they had a skinny new OC named McAdoo.

*looks at post you replied and sees "Saints"(nope), "Seahawks"(Nope), and "Falcons"(Nope)*

I'm wondering which of those 3 teams had Sam Darnold as QB?

Am I missing something here?

Perhaps a joke that's whooshing straight over my head?

Edited by glenwo2

8 minutes ago, stbugs said:

They were using Seattle as a reference point that we could make some noise in the playoffs. I was sarcastically saying they won as a 7-9 team with Sam and McAdoo, just to point out that I think unlike this weekend with the Jaguars, who have a great young QB and a solid coach, we will likely not be able to keep up with Dallas’ offense. Also, Foreman while a nice backup, isn’t Marshawn in his prime.

ah okay, I understand now.

Yeah...we're f*cked. 

But until they're completely out of the playoff  hunt (as insanely improbable as it is), I'll be rooting for them.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Beer 1

On 12/19/2022 at 8:52 AM, top dawg said:

Blah blah blah. Who among us will actually root for the Cowboys or anyone else if we make the playoffs? Well...

If you do, you may as well go root for them now. If you continually feel the need to root for the Panthers to tank, then maybe it's time to reassess things and go root for another team period.

If we somehow end up in the playoffs, I'm watching and cheering for the Panthers regardless of the outcome. Even if we get beat down, I'll still be a Panthers fan and will continue to be a Panthers fan.

Has there been any posts where someone said they’d root for the cowboys if we played them in the postseason? I don’t think I’ve seen any. 

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

Has there been any posts where someone said they’d root for the cowboys if we played them in the postseason? I don’t think I’ve seen any. 

It's probably a bad question, because I couldn't root for the Cowboys if they were playing Al Qaeda.  I doubt that I am alone.

• The D 1

7 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

It's probably a bad question, because I couldn't root for the Cowboys if they were playing Al Qaeda.  I doubt that I am alone.

Yea, I don’t think you’re going to have anyone; atleast on here, root for the cowboys if we make the playoffs. The likelihood of us losing, and losing big, is pretty high, but if we get in there, then you’ll have the majority of folks rooting for the home team. There will be a few that will be apathetic towards the game, but you probably won’t find a fan rooting for the cowboys if we play them in the playoffs. 

I don’t even want us to get in the playoffs, but if we do, then yea I’ll root for my team. I’m one of the few on here that want us to lose out for draft position, and cleaning house with our coaches. I have been adamant with my position for weeks now.

Edited by AggieLean
  • Beer 4

8 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

You are not. Fug the Boys and the Jones.

I just wouldn't watch and go do something fun if I thought it was going to be such a bad game, just like I did back in 2008. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1