• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Weapons

DaveThePanther2008

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Without a decent qb you will never know how good our weapons really are outside of TE. We knew they have sucked for years. 

Draft a top TE: circa 2017---five years and counting.  The Panthers are very, VERY, VERY slow learners.  I mean, it took nearly a decade to replace Jordan Gross.

I guess I have another 5 years to wait for us to draft a Pro Bowl potential TE to replace Olsen.

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Draft a top TE: circa 2017---five years and counting.  The Panthers are very, VERY, VERY slow learners.  I mean, it took nearly a decade to replace Jordan Gross.

I guess I have another 5 years to wait for us to draft a Pro Bowl potential TE to replace Olsen.

Hopefully the next staff will think a pass catching TE is worth investigating in.

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

Of all the offseason moves perhaps the one I least understood was giving Ian Thomas a multi-year deal worth millions. The guy can’t catch, can’t run and can barely block.  What a disaster. 

We need to go out and get Mike Gesicki from Miami.  Hes really good and is not being used whatsoever in their new offense.  Having a pass catching TE would go a long way for us.  However we will probably have a new QB and new OC, so who knows how they would be used going forward.  All I know is that Thomas and Tremble aint it. 

2 hours ago, frankw said:

Despite the fact that some folks here want you to believe Scott Fitterer was a glorified errand boy he signed off on that Ian Thomas contract extension.

Of course he did. He was hired to help Matt Rhule with his vision. But do you honestly think after last season that he thought keeping Rhule was the right move because I damn sure don't. Anyone with any football acumen at all knew Rhule's brand was all BS. Tepper is Fitts boss and he did what he was told to do just like every other person on the Huddle would have when the big boss tells you to. 

Tepper is the problem. Fitts could very well be too, but until he's allowed to actually do his job without the interference of a guy that has clearly shown he knows squat about running a football team, we won't really know. Blame Fitts all you want, but the real problem is the guy that kept Marty Hurney, hired Matt Rhule and an entire college staff to run an NFL team and personel decisions, piss of an entire fan base to create "the brand", and keep Rhule an entire offseason when even the lowliest of fans knew it was a colossal mistake. Tepper has made it clear he's going to be significantly involved in deciding who the next leader of this team is. 

But hey, if David Tepper was paying you millions of dollars you'd tell him to fug off because you're not a yes man. 

• Pie 3

46 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

But hey, if David Tepper was paying you millions of dollars you'd tell him to fug off because you're not a yes man. 

I had this same back and forth with a dude two weeks ago. He was like yeah, I would cause at my job they know me and I won't stand for......Sure buddy, your job is comparable to an NFL gm. It was like arguing with a child still in the stage of development where they believe people stop existing when they go out of the room. 🤣

7 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

From the look of that oline yesterday, I’m not so sure 

guards look like trash

Brady struggled early this year, had some good moments in recent weeks but he gives me the vibes of a weak link starter who would be best suited as a top of depth chart backup swing lineman, LT & LG. 

LG can be improved.  Corbett had a bad game but has been a welcome addition at RG.

Heyward and Watt feasted because they're also top tier.  Our line is top-15, top-10 when on a good streak, but they simply got their socks rocked by a good DL. Need to respond and get better.

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Besides QB, I think the offense is in dire need of a play maker at the TE position. The QB needs a safety valve and the TE is the best way to give him one. I think improvements in those 2 positions, as well as a better OC, would help the offense tremendously. 

We need a complete TE. One that isn't scared to knock the hell out of someone.  Our running game depends on a good TE and we don't have one. 

19 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

Of all the offseason moves perhaps the one I least understood was giving Ian Thomas a multi-year deal worth millions. The guy can’t catch, can’t run and can barely block.  What a disaster. 

I remember being told that MCAdoo was going to turn him into a pro-bowler…

12 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Besides QB, I think the offense is in dire need of a play maker at the TE position. The QB needs a safety valve and the TE is the best way to give him one. I think improvements in those 2 positions, as well as a better OC, would help the offense tremendously. 

If the Panthers cannot get a tight end in the draft that is an upgrade over the ones they have, I hope a good one is available in free agency or obtained in a trade.