• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steichen as HC

DaveThePanther2008

After the debacle on Sunday, I am ready to move on to a totally different regime.  My first choice is Shane Steichen. 

He has excelled with Hurts as QB.  A very mobile Cam like QB.  Big, Strong and an added weapon in the running game.

I would imagine he would improve our current WR group making them from average to an above average group. 

I would also think that he would probably want Minshew to come along because he knows the offense which would be a plus while we get our new QB up to speed.  

So let's say Tepper gets him as our Head Coach. 

What is your first free agent move?

Who is your first pick? 

Do you go TE and run with who we have on the roster, or do you reach for a Hurts like QB like Richardson at 8 (supposing that we remain at 8)? 

Who does he bring in as a Defensive Coordinator?

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

I wonder what kind of leader he will be? Some of these offense gurus turn out to be absolute failures and other prove to be worth it. It's a risk but I understand one worth taking. Hopefully he is as good a leader as he is at his current position. If we get him I of course am all in on supporting him as I always am no matter who we have on the field or coaching. Certainly nobody could ever be worse a leader or decision maker than Rhule anyhow so he has to be an upgrade over that guy.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

After the debacle on Sunday, I am ready to move on to a totally different regime.  My first choice is Shane Steichen. 

He has excelled with Hurts as QB.  A very mobile Cam like QB.  Big, Strong and an added weapon in the running game.

I would imagine he would improve our current WR group making them from average to an above average group. 

I would also think that he would probably want Minshew to come along because he knows the offense which would be a plus while we get our new QB up to speed.  

So let's say Tepper gets him as our Head Coach. 

What is your first free agent move?

Who is your first pick? 

Do you go TE and run with who we have on the roster, or do you reach for a Hurts like QB like Richardson at 8 (supposing that we remain at 8)? 

Who does he bring in as a Defensive Coordinator?

Dom Capers 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

44 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Dom Capers 

Dom Capers was an excellent DC, not much of a Head Coach but a great DC.  The only question is does his defense fit against today's offenses?  Many rule changes since he last coached.

Also if he were to become a DC we'd have a better chance of him staying as a DC than to move into a head coaching position. 

Edited by DaveThePanther2008
  • Pie 2

I’m hoping we look at other candidates as well. As someone posted earlier, some of these offensive “gurus” turn out to be not so good leaders of men, which is a more important qualification for a HC. I’m hoping Tepper, Fitt and co. will cast a wide net in their search. I’m curious to see for example what a Frank Reich (experience), Ben Johnson or Demeco Ryans (young up and coming playcallers) would bring to the table if considered. 

• Pie 1

Someone else mentioned it here but I think you absolutely need to hire an offensive guy for your head coach and roll the dice that he's a good leader. Even for this example if you hire coach that is not your offensive guy and hire a stud OC he just gets picked up by another team. I think for that reason alone this position regardless of who it is has to be and offensive guy

• Beer 1

This would be my choice as well. We need to have some QB development here. Jake was the last QB I can remember on this team getting better as time went on. Cam was the guy from day 1, they didn't even try to develop him, he was that good. Other then that no one grew, how they looked when they got here is how they look when they left. 

8 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

I wonder what kind of leader he will be? Some of these offense gurus turn out to be absolute failures and other prove to be worth it. It's a risk but I understand one worth taking. Hopefully he is as good a leader as he is at his current position. If we get him I of course am all in on supporting him as I always am no matter who we have on the field or coaching. Certainly nobody could ever be worse a leader or decision maker than Rhule anyhow so he has to be an upgrade over that guy.

And occasionally one is so far ahead of the curve that being a piss poor leader doesn't even matter until the rest of the NFL finally starts catching up. Mike Martz.

• The D 1
  • Poo 1