• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steichen as HC

DaveThePanther2008

13 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

He has excelled with Hurts as QB.  A very mobile Cam like QB.  Big, Strong and an added weapon in the running game.

image.png.37ec1ff705d450994da6c87dc37aaf45.pngimage.png.fa9867baf3201632df21c66c4ac315b5.png

Um....they don't compare this way bro. Cam has 4 inches (giggity) and 20+ pounds of muscle more on Hurts. 

But I get your point. You like versatility that the mobile QB's bring into an offense. 

• Pie 2

I was definitely pissed off Sunday and off the Wilkes train because he got stomped by a better coach in Tomlin … but then Wilkes did stomp Pete Carroll in Seattle so 🤷‍♂️

I’m still torn with how to move forward and maybe these last three games will help.  Maybe before going the unknown coordinator route because can always do that.  So see what Wilkes can do with his own staff, team etc when in charge for a full year or two.  Then go unknown coordinator route if Wilkes fails. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, grateflday said:

I was definitely pissed off Sunday and off the Wilkes train because he got stomped by a better coach in Tomlin … but then Wilkes did stomp Pete Carroll in Seattle so 🤷‍♂️

I’m still torn with how to move forward and maybe these last three games will help.  Maybe before going the unknown coordinator route because can always do that.  So see what Wilkes can do with his own staff, team etc when in charge for a full year or two.  Then go unknown coordinator route if Wilkes fails. 

Giving Wilks a chance to finish building the culture he has started would be great. Or at least bring in a coach that can keep it going and not start all over again. 

In the end, I just want the Powers That Be to make an educated and informed decision.

• Beer 2

14 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

He has excelled with Hurts as QB.  A very mobile Cam like QB.  Big, Strong and an added weapon in the running game.

There's a lot to like about Steichen, but do yourself a favor and don't factor hoping for 'the next Cam" into your head coach thinking.

(or your draft thinking, for that matter)

Nostalgia for the past really shouldn't play a part in planning for the future.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I was going to point that out but just decided it wasn't worth it. The only comparison is they are both African Americans. 

• Beer 1

If we’re dumping Wilks, I want Reich. 

People should look at what Pederson is doing in Jacksonville and should be excited about the prospects of Reich. I’m not judging him at all for his time with the Colts. That franchise has been a dumpster fire just like ours since their qb left. 

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Steichen has been my #1 choice since before Rhule was fired. I've been saying this for months:

• Hire Steichen
  • Sign Minshew
  • Draft Rookie QB
  • Have Minshew helm the ship until rookie is ready.
  • Win more

I could really buy into that whole idea. It would cover a lot of issues with one hiring.

3 hours ago, bigdog10 said:

If we’re dumping Wilks, I want Reich. 

People should look at what Pederson is doing in Jacksonville and should be excited about the prospects of Reich. I’m not judging him at all for his time with the Colts. That franchise has been a dumpster fire just like ours since their qb left. 

I'm not following the logic here then. If the Colts = Panthers and have been dumpster fires since we lost our respective pro bowl QBs, why would Reich do better here than with the Colts? It's actually almost scary how similar... above avg defense, all star RBs, revolving door at QB, losing seasons. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1