• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How much will it cost to re sign The BEAST Bozeman?? I’ll tell you how much…..

WarPanthers89

2 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

Probably closer to $10mill since he chose charlotte to raise his family. He REALLY likes the South. I was following why he left Baltimore and he basically told them there was no money they could offer him to stay in Baltimore (because he didn't want to raise a family there)

He might even take less than 10 mill a year. I got the sense he took less money to be here. Baltimore is real shitty.

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

Lol no way Bozeman is worth top 5 center money after half a season of playing. I like him but just because he isn’t a bottom tier center doesn’t mean we should break the bank for one.

I think 7-8 million per year would be reasonable 

BBoze has a career earnings amount just north of 5mil. It would seem a little crazy to double that per year at his age.

I think a 3 year/ 18-23 mil type deal could get it done. 

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

A good center is just as important as a good WR for a young QB.

Pay the man.

They are worth much more than a good wr.  The two most important positions on the oline are 1. LT and 2a. Center. A good RT is important but somewhat easier to draft and develop over the first but it's certainly critical. So it is 2b., some will argue differently so whatever.  Guards are 3rd in that order.

A mountain of a man like Bozeman who can anchor the middle the way he does? The one person that touches the ball every play other than the qb and calls protections for the oline? Yes, he is absolutely worth every penny. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

47 minutes ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

Lol no way Bozeman is worth top 5 center money after half a season of playing. I like him but just because he isn’t a bottom tier center doesn’t mean we should break the bank for one.

I think 7-8 million per year would be reasonable 

If he'd take $8M, run don't walk to sign the contract. He worked his way through a cheap rookie contract with the Ravens and signed a cheap 1 year prove it deal with us, so he is definitely looking to get paid. He's not just some bum off the street though, he's a proven, 4 year starter. $12M seems a little high though, I expect the actual number to be around $10M, maybe with some incentive, high guaranteed money thrown in to entice him.

2 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

Probably closer to $10mill since he chose charlotte to raise his family. He REALLY likes the South. I was following why he left Baltimore and he basically told them there was no money they could offer him to stay in Baltimore (because he didn't want to raise a family there)

I remember just before the season started he said he wanted to stay here because he loved the city...if he's planning to raise a family, getting a 4 year deal at 7 mill per year will have him set for life, and he'll still be young enough to sign another deal after that.  

He's the kind of guy we want, not a lot of players who would choose Charlotte over a glamour city.

• Pie 1