• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Legit Question

Asaria

Legit question, how did Baker "Win" the "QB Competition" this offseason? Sam has looked like an average to even above average QB so far this year, with good decision making and not forcing anything and taking what the Defense gives him.

Baker meanwhile might have been the worst QB play since Brian St. Pier started against Baltimore.

I'm just confused, I know Rhule was on the hot seat and was throwing Sh*t at the wall for something to stick, but surely he could have seen in training camp the clear difference...Right?

• Pie 1

Ultimately we had traded assets for Baker and had already decided to move on from Darnold after last season. But I believe Darnold was injured in preseason anyway and thus Baker was the week 1 starter by default (even though he probably already was anyway and the camp competition was just optics) 

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Rags said:

Ah man, I almost forgot abt "Baker needing snaps" lol. Maybe Rhule was right to drag that battle out a little longer lmao.

Rhule is the one that pushed for Baker so it was his clusterfuk in the first place. They both looked about the same in their limited preseason game reps, Baker just slang it more in practice vs Darnold working on being safer with his turnover worthy plays from what the limited media coverage Rhule would allow to get tweeted out to the world

• Beer 1

He didn’t, it was a grab to add new blood into the room because he was grabbing for straws. 

A) Baker doesn’t have enough talent to carry a team like Rhule wanted. Matt was throwing the ball a poo-ton at the start of the year. 

B) Baker doesn’t fit the Scheme McAdoo built. Sam and Corral fit it perfectly.

Only conclusion I can figure.

Let's keep in mind that Darnold would probably look worse if The Process was still here calling the shots.  It was like his approach was to ask the position coaches what each player sucked at, and then devise a game plan to emphasize that.

As for the QB competition, or any position competition, remember who the judge was.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Rags said:

Ah man, I almost forgot abt "Baker needing snaps" lol. Maybe Rhule was right to drag that battle out a little longer lmao.

You shut your whore mouth about Fhule being right about anything.

Anything.

His vending machine choices were wrong, as were his ringtones, favorite ice cream flavor and hairstyle. I heard rumors he didn't like Cheerwine, which as we all know is blasphemy.

The man was just wrong. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

57 minutes ago, frankw said:

Rhule was a buffoon of the highest order but let's not engage in revisionist history. Sam couldn't establish a clear gap between himself and Baker in camp.

Do we actually know this though? Rhule controlled the entire Panther Media, even to the point where fan's could barely post stuff about Camp.