• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So the Titans giving up on Malik Willis already?

GoobyPls

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Rookie year does not a career make. Vince Young was ROY. So was Sam Bradford and RG3. Meanwhile, Josh Allen barely threw for 2000 yards at a 52% clip with more INTs than TDs.

This.  Willis was never expected to be ready to play as a rookie, as it was well documented that the offense he ran at Liberty was extremely simple and didn't translate to the pro game at all.  What did translate was and is his physical skills and intangibles.  His processing and ability to read a defense was what pretty much every team knew he would have to work on because I bekieve the Liberty offense was heavy-RPO, one read, etc., which is why he is having a hard time now. 

If he doesn't show any progress by the end of next year then you will have a better idea on how his career will pan out.

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

This.  Willis was never expected to be ready to play as a rookie, as it was well documented that the offense he ran at Liberty was extremely simple and didn't translate to the pro game at all.  What did translate was and is his physical skills and intangibles.  His processing and ability to read a defense was what pretty much every team knew he would have to work on because I bekieve the Liberty offense was heavy-RPO, one read, etc., which is why he is having a hard time now. 

If he doesn't show any progress by the end of next year then you will have a better idea on how his career will pan out.

I doubt he gets next year, no way Vrabel hitches his wagon to Willis next season. He looks like a wildcat QB, unless he makes huge improvements in the offseason Titans will likely bring in another QB.

I am like 99% sure if Huddle posters saw what Titans fans had the last two weeks we'd be begging for P.J. again and still having the same QB discussions.

There's projects, and then there's "I'm pretty sure this guy doesn't know the QB position" 

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

The announcers were just talking about it. He isn’t getting the ball out fast enough. That’s basically processing speed which gets better with experience. They even mentioned Dobbs being in the league for 6 years helps him process much quicker than a rookie like Willis. Us fans tend to get impatient if rookies don’t shine right away, but a project QB like Willis usually takes some time.

Yeah and he struggled a LOT with processing the field in college, so that shouldn't be a surprise that he is struggling with that at the NFL level. He is a longer term project. 

If he hasn't shown anything by year 4, then you can probably chalk that up as a failed project.

• Pie 3

5 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

The announcers were just talking about it. He isn’t getting the ball out fast enough. That’s basically processing speed which gets better with experience. They even mentioned Dobbs being in the league for 6 years helps him process much quicker than a rookie like Willis. Us fans tend to get impatient if rookies don’t shine right away, but a project QB like Willis usually takes some time.

Is it Processing speed or is his Offensive Line failing him?

We see what a good O-line (finally) can do to help a QB stay upright and go through his progressions no matter how slow his processing speed is. 

Maybe all Malik needs is a Good O-Line......

Edited by glenwo2

2 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Is it Processing speed or is his Offensive Line failing him?

We see what a good O-line (finally) can do to help a QB stay upright and go through his progressions no matter how slow his processing speed is. 

Maybe all Malik needs is a Good O-Line......

Sure OL is part of it, but Dobbs is getting the ball out quicker with the same shitty OL. Decent starting QBs can make adjustments when there are issues like an injured OL. Can they play to their best level with a bad OL? Probably not, but that can still make some plays and look serviceable like Dobbs did last night 

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Cam Newton 4000 passing yds, 21 Tds 17ints, 84.5 passer rating, and I am not including his rushing stats,Rookie Of The Year 

We new Cam was special his first game , and he just got better 

Still amazes me that he never topped 4,000 pass yards again in his career. Came close a few times but never truly developed into a prolific passer. Had he developed that trait I think he would have still been our quarterback or at least won a Super Bowl with us.