• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What's your offer to Chicago?

BrisbanePanther

I wouldn't. we have too many other deficiencies. we need a young corner, a linebacker who can man the middle, a difference making  tight end, a pass rusher across from burns, a ball hawking free safety, a fast deep threat to join DJ and TMJ, a better long term option at LG to develop beside Icky etc etc.  if foreman leaves in free agency we are gonna need to  either add to the committee or add a bell cow type.   And it goes on and on.  Let everyone grab up the QBs pushing the top defense guys down to our spot.  build a fast nasty defense and a bulldozer rush offense.  

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

I've come to the point where I'm not trading picks for a college player who may or may not ever develop. I might trade some picks for a proven NFL player during the season when I can see how they are doing.

Even the good NFL teams move up in the draft for college players they want, especially QBs.

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

How about we take some time to build a strong foundation without trading away tomorrow.

That is supposedly what the team has been doing for the last three years. The Oline is good enough to support a rookie QB. They can always draft and sign RBs, WRs, and TEs. You'll never have a perfect roster and if you keep waiting, you'll never have another franchise QB. Each draft class ends up not looking as good as it did the year before once people start really paying attention to them. If the team feels that one of the QBs in this draft is their guy, they need to go ahead and pull the trigger.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

I wouldn't. we have too many other deficiencies. we need a young corner, a linebacker who can man the middle, a difference making  tight end, a pass rusher across from burns, a ball hawking free safety, a fast deep threat to join DJ and TMJ, a better long term option at LG to develop beside Icky etc etc.  if foreman leaves in free agency we are gonna need to  either add to the committee or add a bell cow type.   And it goes on and on.  Let everyone grab up the QBs pushing the top defense guys down to our spot.  build a fast nasty defense and a bulldozer rush offense.  

No roster is ever perfect. You're always going to have needs and spots you'd like to upgrade.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

I like CJ Stroud a lot, but I do think he benefits greatly from A) the ridiculous WRs that OSU consistently churns out and B) one of the best pass-blocking college OLs I've ever seen

Don't get me wrong, I would still love him in the first.  But it makes me hesitant to pay up a ton for him.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Mage said:

I like CJ Stroud a lot, but I do think he benefits greatly from A) the ridiculous WRs that OSU consistently churns out and B) one of the best pass-blocking college OLs I've ever seen

Don't get me wrong, I would still love him in the first.  But it makes me hesitant to pay up a ton for him.

The absolute elite ball placement he displayed yesterday vs nfl players says otherwise.  He put on a clinic for catchable balls

• Pie 2

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I was a doubter until last night. Just like how Justin Fields changed my mind with his dismantling of Clemson.

I watched probably 90% of strouds games this year and yes he has elite wr's but if you watch him throw and put the ball where he needs it to go then people will be impressed.  The whole "osu qbs suck" and he has "nfl wrs of course he looks good" narratives are pretty moronic once you start actually watching him play.  He is an entirely different qb then fields and I am fine with that.  He is a steroid version of kirk cousins

If houston goes young then you do whatever it takes to get to 2 and we are set. 

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

If we make the playoffs it won't be because we are tripping in there. It would be because we won a lot of fugging games down the stretch.

A team with a losing record has NO business in the Playoffs. We'd get in because of the dumb division rule. Remove that then neat ... we won some games in a row! Then again, this is the Panthers. We're so awful, winning games in a row is actually a big deal.

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, BrisbanePanther said:

Self-explanatory. We saw both Young and Stroud play big final games. If we want one of them, Chicago's phone is taking calls. What's your offer that convinces them to accept?

There's surely 2 1sts involved. What's the sweetener?

Senator? You can have my answer now, if you like. My final offer is this: nothing. Not even the fee for the gaming license, which I would appreciate if you would put up personally.