• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Current draft position

Mr. Scot

The worst thing that could have happened W/L wise was winning as many games as possible without making the playoffs. It has almost happened, and if we beat the Saints then the disaster is compete. We don't get the reward of a playoff game, and we won't have a chance to draft the top 2 QB prospects. Not good.

What's worse is that we don't have a clear end to this losing on the horizon, or a light at the end of the tunnel. We don't have great coaches. We traded our best player. Our QB is a limited game manager who will never even sniff a SB appearance in his career. The only card we can play is that our o-line can push around weaker teams. Hurray? That just means we're more likely to beat bad teams and ruin our draft position. When the chips are down against good teams, we implode in a way that exposes our coaches and players.

Wilks is not the answer, and I couldn't care less if the players love him. We need an offensive guru as our HC, and we need a QB who can win shootouts.

I think we're going to find a new HC, and he will restaff the rest of the key coaching positions. In the draft we're likely to take yet another QB to compete with Sam and Corral. The hope will be that either the new QB or Corral will be able to unseat Sam as the starter.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

We'll be out of the top 10 next week when we get that good old Moral victory. smh.

I don’t think it’s possible for us to drop a single spot with a win Sunday

Our SOS is at .474 while the lowest SOS of the 7 win teams is .502

SOS will not change that much with one game left

• Pie 5

3 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

I don’t think it’s possible for us to drop a single spot with a win Sunday

Our SOS is at .474 while the lowest SOS of the 7 win teams is .502

SOS will not change that much with one game left

Yes, it is very possible we are picking 9 win or lose. I don't see any of the 6 win teams winning. 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Krovvy said:

The 49er's have one of the weakest schedules in the league. It's unfortunate for us.

Extra picks are worth it no matter where in round they fall.  Sure you want them to be higher, but even at the end of the round is better than no extra picks at all.  Even if the 49ers win the SB, the trade would have been worth it.  Having CMC here yesterday would not have kept Henderson from getting torched all game AND we got rid of his mega-contract. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

Yes, it is very possible we are picking 9 win or lose. I don't see any of the 6 win teams winning. 

Same

And in order for the Falcons SOS to move them below us in the draft order Chicago and Washington would have to win while the Giants and Lions would have to lose

Chicago winning would move them to 4. Plus Seattle then would hold the 2nd pick and could go QB. I think it’s important Chicago hangs into that 2nd pick for our sake if they want to trade up 

7 minutes ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

Atlanta is still trying to win games. They could beat TB if TB rests some starters. We’re not jumping Vegas, KC will see to that. We might win and still move up to 8. I don’t see a loss against the taints hurting us at all.