• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft screwed…. Season screwed…. Coaching screwed…. Future screwed

TheBigKat

23 hours ago, Seltzer said:

It has gotten so much worse in the past 5 years or so.  I think it is a combination of a society that expects instant gratification, think playing fantasy football makes them capable of being a coach/GM, and the underlying mental illness issues that have been plaguing the country brought on and worsened by Covid.

This toxic mix compels some to try to drag others into the mental illness they are obviously suffering from.  I truly don't understand why they stick around if they are so bothered by everything.

I once thought a lot of the straight up sh*tposting was trolling, but the overwhelming prevalence and the absolute need to be heard over social media along with the need to try to drag others into their misery is something new.  Mental health is this country is a massive issue, and a lot of these types of posts are both pathetic and in a sad way, a cry for help.

Seriously, if a game is causing you the kind of mental anguish to post something like this, you need professional help, and I genuinely hope you seek it out.  You sound suicidal over what is ultimately a game.  Take a day, reread this, and really think about why you felt the need to broadcast this.  Because I personally think it's way more about mental health and an inability to cope than it is about the Panthers losing a football game b/c full stop this sounds unhinged.

The last year has been the worst one for me on the huddle-wise. Thered fellow was a one-toxic team tornado, but the mass has turned close to that constant turd toxic behavior..... i do get the last five years have led to around 5 wins each season, it has taken a toll......and rhule era didnt help. Like you can look at the negatives or positives, imo theres plenty for each.....just the current focus is super negatives......not asking for ultra rainbow and puppies awwww feels...but a thanos deal where balance is it......thanos for owner/mod team!! 

11 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

That was what I proposed for the 2022 offseason. My 2023 offseason wants may be different. Darnold is gone now and returned negative value to the franchise.

Meh.

Rhule was the one who returned negative value.

Sam simply returned NO value (in comparison to Rhule...lol)

On 1/2/2023 at 6:33 PM, Seltzer said:

It has gotten so much worse in the past 5 years or so.  I think it is a combination of a society that expects instant gratification, think playing fantasy football makes them capable of being a coach/GM, and the underlying mental illness issues that have been plaguing the country brought on and worsened by Covid.

This toxic mix compels some to try to drag others into the mental illness they are obviously suffering from.  I truly don't understand why they stick around if they are so bothered by everything.

I once thought a lot of the straight up sh*tposting was trolling, but the overwhelming prevalence and the absolute need to be heard over social media along with the need to try to drag others into their misery is something new.  Mental health is this country is a massive issue, and a lot of these types of posts are both pathetic and in a sad way, a cry for help.

Seriously, if a game is causing you the kind of mental anguish to post something like this, you need professional help, and I genuinely hope you seek it out.  You sound suicidal over what is ultimately a game.  Take a day, reread this, and really think about why you felt the need to broadcast this.  Because I personally think it's way more about mental health and an inability to cope than it is about the Panthers losing a football game b/c full stop this sounds unhinged.

well said.  I too wonder about the mental health of some folks on here. 

When fantasy football first started, you had to really dig to get info.  Being successful took a lot of research and smarts.  Now, everything is at your fingertips and it seems so much easier.  People don't understand all the scouting research, financial planning, risk assessment, and plain old luck that goes into putting a real team together. 

• Pie 1

On 1/2/2023 at 2:19 PM, TheBigKat said:

we’re not a hot prospect for a top flight coach

Why not? Currently it's just us and Denver, and we are in a much better position than them. I have to guess that Colts are going to be open too, but you have to deal w/ Irsay there (we should be picking in their spot...thanks Tepper).