• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not sure TMJ is not TMJAG

top dawg

I think you gotta give that guy 12 more months before visiting if he is or isn’t  something. 

Since he started… How many QBs? Two too many. OC? He got one year and had to learn a new offense.

And the traditional thinking for a long time is that WRs have to develop. 3rd year was about when it starts to gel for them. If it is going to.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, mav1234 said:

Man it's so hard to evaluate anyone that was under Rhule for most or all of their career. I get where you are coming from, but there have been these flashes of exceptional play, reasons for hope.  I agree that we have no reason to expect he's going to be elite.  Our next coach is so important and I really hope we bring in a good offensive mind.

I'm trying to remember a worse evaluator and developer of talent and I'm struggling. If he's not bottom 3, he's definitely bottom 10. I can't recall 1 player that I can say really improved under Rhule's tutelage and that's saying something given some of the players we have. 

• Pie 1

I like the combo of Moore, TMJ, and Shenault, but I agree we need more receiving threats. TMJ did concern me when he didn’t go up and get the ball in the end zone against the Bucs. Alpha WRs have the instincts to go get it and not just run under it in that situation. I’ve seen him flash that some. 

Ideally, we land a TE this draft and I like Zay Flowers as a late second/third round slot. Also wouldn’t mind Burton from Bama in the later rounds. 

Johnson could be available with our 1st, but we have bigger needs elsewhere. 

Edited by ECHornet

13 hours ago, mav1234 said:

Man it's so hard to evaluate anyone that was under Rhule for most or all of their career. I get where you are coming from, but there have been these flashes of exceptional play, reasons for hope.  I agree that we have no reason to expect he's going to be elite.  Our next coach is so important and I really hope we bring in a good offensive mind.

I might be giving players the benefit of doubt but I feel like there's a development window a lot of young guys have, and if it's missed due to bad coaching or whatever they get stunted badly in the NFL. I hope that's not the case for Terrace but it's looking like that way 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

I mean TMJ did flash a bit even with Sam his second go around as Starter.

But TMJ needs someone who can get him the ball a bit more often and with a bit more consistency.

Sam was almost always focused on his first read which usually was DJ Moore. 

A better QB would spread the wealth, so to speak, a bit more. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

I mean TMJ did flash a bit even with Sam his second go around as Starter.

But TMJ needs someone who can get him the ball a bit more often and with a bit more consistency.

Sam was almost always focused on his first read which usually was DJ Moore. 

A better QB would spread the wealth, so to speak, a bit more. 

Sam just wasn't throwing the ball enough in most of his games to get other players involved as consistently. If you're only throwing 20 passes, it's hard to do that.  

• Pie 1

21 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I think maybe one more year under a better offense(hopefully) and with a valid NFL starting QB would help.

If both of those happen and he still doesn't progress......well....it just is what it is.

I would say that we have no reason to pass on elite WR talent in the draft.

Quentin Johnston from TCU looks like a stud that would complement DJ and the rest of our receiving corps nicely. Great size/speed combo. Will be interesting to see how he performs against that GA defense.

7 hours ago, MechaZain said:

I might be giving players the benefit of doubt but I feel like there's a development window a lot of young guys have, and if it's missed due to bad coaching or whatever they get stunted badly in the NFL. I hope that's not the case for Terrace but it's looking like that way 

That’s a concern of mine as well. Has Joe Bailey, our current WR coach, been good at developing our talent at that position or could we use an upgrade?