• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MNF: Bills vs. Bengals *game suspended* - prayers for Damar Hamlin

LinvilleGorge

9 minutes ago, Cullenator said:

I don't see how they can. Bills are scheduled to play the Patriots, and the Bengals to play the Ravens at 1pm on Sunday. Asking them to play Wednesday and then turn around to play again on Sunday seems like a really bad idea.

[edit: I guess they could reschedule the Sunday games to Monday, but all four teams are likely to make the playoffs and have the games the following week.]

Edited by trueblade

2 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I don't see how they can. Bills are scheduled to play the Patriots, and the Bengals to play the Ravens at 1pm on Sunday. Asking them to play Wednesday and then turn around to play again on Sunday seems like a really bad idea.

Yeah, they should push the playoffs back a week or just void the game and figure out playoff seeding a different way.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

Yeah, they should push the playoffs back a week or just void the game and figure out playoff seeding a different way.

There has to be a way they can void the game and not bias the seeding. Off the top of my head that’s difficult to do with KC’s last game already resulting in a win. There is no scenario though I can see that wouldn’t result in a team being artificially seeded though. If KC had lost last Sunday it would have been a lot easier. 

8 minutes ago, Tbe said:

The NFL should just cancel the game and then for seeding purposes only...

Division standing would remain unaffected

Take the records of the West and South winners and discard a game at random.  That way all four division champs have a 16 game record and seeding can go from that.

Edited by Cullenator

9 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Well, there are very real business decisions that have to be made about it. It will seem callous but it is reality. I get that the NFL has a very well earned "evil" tag attached to themselves but we all tune in watch this entertainment and the show must go on eventually. Or perhaps both teams should be given the option to forfeit the game. That would work, as well. 

Not sure what the answer is but I'm not sure pushing the playoffs back a week is feasible. That's 13 games to reschedule. We're not talking little league games here. NFL games are major undertakings.

There's gotta be a way to simply call this a tie or something and move on. No, it's far from ideal but what else are you gonna do?

• Pie 4

Any updates at all this morning on him other than what I've seen on ESPN? Any docs in here? What is his prognosis long term? Will be be okay and live a normal life? Will he just snap out of this? What happens next? When will he be woken up and move around again? His heart is young at 24 years old, is there a chance he fully recovers and no damage at all? The hole thing made me so sick to see. I feel so bad for him and just want to see him up and about and feeling good.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

So you take no safety precautions at all in life? If you truly believed that when it's your time it's your time then you wouldn't. There would be nothing you could do about it anyway so why bother?

7 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

For those kinds of words to come into someones head in the middle of a traumatic event comes off as incredibly insensitive. If he had a family member in this situation how would he react if someone just walked up and said that same sentiment to him? Disgusting in my opinion

My middle son was rushed to the hospital with a cardiac event during HS Football. Fortunately it was only SVT. He had a small procedure to fix it later but at the time it was scary.

My youngest went into full code on day 2 of his life and spent a week in NICU.

I'm not insensitive. I know it's scary. I know that family members feel helpless. 

I've let both of them live the way they want to live.

This was an unfortunate event that happens from time to time.

4 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

Any updates at all this morning on him other than what I've seen on ESPN? Any docs in here? What is his prognosis long term? Will be be okay and live a normal life? Will he just snap out of this? What happens next? When will he be woken up and move around again? His heart is young at 24 years old, is there a chance he fully recovers and no damage at all? The hole thing made me so sick to see. I feel so bad for him and just want to see him up and about and feeling good.

It really depends on so many factors and we the public probably won’t know for some time. They will keep him sedated and intubated for at least 24 hours, if not 48-72, even without any other complications to let the body heal, cool off and reset.

The biggest concern is that so far the team, nor doctors have added stable to his critical condition status. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

This is very simple.  If Hamlin survives, you schedule the game ASAP.  If he doesn't you don't schedule anything.

I would just like to say that the first responders deserve all the credit in the world, that they can go out there and restore a heartbeat, and not give up.  Incredible job.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, TheMaulClaw said:

This is very simple.  If Hamlin survives, you schedule the game ASAP.  If he doesn't you don't schedule anything.

I would just like to say that the first responders deserve all the credit in the world, that they can go out there and restore a heartbeat, and not give up.  Incredible job.

First Responders are absolute HEROS here.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1