• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Harbaugh to Carolina Makes Too Much Sense...

chknwing

some don't like harbaugh because they don't see him as a long term solution.

to be honest, i don't either....but that doesn't matter to me if he can get us a championship, which i think he's quite capable of producing here (or at least giving us the best shot we've had).

i wanted him before he went to san fran. i'd be ok with wilks and think that he'd have the team doing better next year than this year, but i also believe that harbaugh would probably be ahead of the rest of the coaching candidates we would have trying for the job.

• Pie 4

2 hours ago, The Lobo said:

That’s what I’m afraid of, not that Wilks would be a bad choice, but I don’t trust Tepper to make the right one. 

Teppers decisions concern me as well, especially after he made a  very bad judgement call by hiring Rhule as the Panthers head coach and giving him almost total control.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, rayzor said:

some don't like harbaugh because they don't see him as a long term solution.

to be honest, i don't either....but that doesn't matter to me if he can get us a championship, which i think he's quite capable of producing here (or at least giving us the best shot we've had).

i wanted him before he went to san fran. i'd be ok with wilks and think that he'd have the team doing better next year than this year, but i also believe that harbaugh would probably be ahead of the rest of the coaching candidates we would have trying for the job.

Harbaugh would be a great choice for a quick turnaround. I think he could have us in contention next year to push deep in the playoffs. He'd be a very exciting hire that would tick both significant NFL experience and strong understanding of good offense.

Also reminding me of JR and his stupid pie chart.  Which is always a great thing in the new year lol

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I can’t decide if Tepper would hate him or be besties with him. Two very strong personalities.

It's been reported previously the Tepper has gained a reputation around the league of being a lousy boss to work for. That's probably something that's going to factor into our coaching search.

Young guys looking for their first opportunity might not be too worried about it, but duys with options might.

Edited by Mr. Scot

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

It's been reported previously the Tepper has gained a reputation around the league of being a lousy boss to work for.

That's probably something that's going to factor into our coaching search.

Lousy towards the HC? He pretty much let Rhule do whatever he wanted (which usually was bad ).

• Flames 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's been reported previously the Tepper has gained a reputation around the league of being a lousy boss to work for. That's probably something that's going to factor into our coaching search.

Young guys looking for their first opportunity might not be too worried about it, but duys with options might.

Harbaugh already worked in a dumpster fire environment with the setup between himself/Trent Baalke/Jed York in San Francisco - can’t imagine he’d put up Tepper’s nonsense. Until he proves otherwise, he’s a bottom tier owner.

1 minute ago, SuperBowlBound said:

Harbaugh already worked in a dumpster fire environment with the setup between himself/Trent Baalke/Jed York in San Francisco - can’t imagine he’d put up Tepper’s nonsense. Until he proves otherwise, he’s a bottom tier owner.

He's got to get better before he's a bottom-tier owner. Right now, he's in his own tier.

19 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Lousy towards the HC? He pretty much let Rhule do whatever he wanted (which usually was bad ).

Lousy in general. Demanding, never happy, unreasonable, etc.

As far as Rhule, the behind the scenes articles have indicated that relationship fractured before the first season was even fully over.