• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tampa moving on from Leftwich?

Mr. Scot

He is having a really bad year. I don't think brining him here is really a positive at this point or if Wilks would want to work with him after their time together in Arizona.

He needs to pull a Brady and go work for someone good for a bit at a lesser potion to try and pull it all together.

Byron Leftwich hype has peaked. He had his moments but like most TB12 coaches , those moments were gone in a blink of an eye. BL may be a QB coach elsewhere, possibly a 2nd chance OC but he just isn’t a HC. The only way I can see BL getting a HC is a bridge job like Smith with the Texans.

also, Im pretty sure O’Brien is going to end up with Bill B this off-season. They are really close and NE needs an OC bad.

• Pie 1

Just now, TheCasillas said:

also, Im pretty sure O’Brien is going to end up with Bill B this off-season. They are really close and NE needs an OC bad.

You don't believe in the offensive genius of Matt Patricia? 😕

Agree about Leftwich, and I was never that big on his hype anyway (too inexperienced) but Wilks reaching out to him If he were to become available is a scenario I could definitely see.

6 hours ago, Mage said:

Leftwich is garbage.  I never got the hype behind him.  His offenses could never run the ball and don't give me that "running isn't important" mumbo jumbo.  Sure it shouldn't be the main way you move the ball but you need teams to respect your run game.  And Bucs' run game has sucked every year.

Leftwich has benefited greatly from Tom Brady.  

Running should be the main way you move the ball. It's the preferred way to move the ball if you can do it effectively. Why would anyone want to do otherwise?

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Running should be the main way you move the ball. It's the preferred way to move the ball if you can do it effectively. Why would anyone want to do otherwise?

I'm not going to play the semantics game here.  I meant it in a sense that the passing game is more important, which I think everyone can agree on.  But, as I said in my post, you still need to have an effective run game.  And Leftwich has never established one.