• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No Jim Harbaugh - Carolina focusing attention elsewhere

therealmjl

11 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Perhaps, on some level, but actual knowledge and skill makes all the difference. 

I'm sure that some of the best of all time are accused of being big assholes with big egos. The great ones also seem to have control.

Outside of Belichick, what full control coaches are dominating the NFL right now?

(hell, even Belichick isn't looking so good without Brady)

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Got to wonder if JH really wants to come back to the NFL or if he and his agent are just jerking Mi around again for $$$$.

He is a complete mercenary and will go where ever pays him the most along with the required power and then turn around and do it all over again at the next opportunity. He is a good coach but that is by far his greatest skill IMO. 

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

He is a complete mercenary and will go where ever pays him the most along with the required power and then turn around and do it all over again at the next opportunity. He is a good coach but that is by far his greatest skill IMO. 

My guess would be some of the same folks who convinced themselves that Harbaugh was interested in the Panthers job above all others probably also thought Deshaun Watson was pining to be our quarterback and didn't want to play anywhere else.

• The D 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

My guess would be some of the same folks who convinced themselves that Harbaugh was interested in the Panthers job above all others probably also thought Deshaun Watson was pining to be our quarterback and didn't want to play anywhere else.

Yep. We seem to be the team used for leverage. The actual target is never really interested in being here. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And both equal an automatic championship...I just don't see it myself.

I don't think we would be bad with Harbaugh, I just don't think he has it in him to win one at any level. It would be entertaining but not always the good kind. Meanwhile the Bronco's new owner is about to make himself a first time owner mistake and I hope Tepper is watching what that looks like from the outside.  

1 hour ago, OldNorthPowell said:

Loser franchise now with Tepper at the helm. Probably sign Wilkes and be right back here in a year or too. This time we will be the ones begging. 

I completely agree. I like Wilks. Seems like a good guy and a decent coach...but we've had him as coach with Rivera and Fox. Time to move on. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

If I had to guess I would say Harbaugh wants full control and to pick his GM. I don’t think Tepper wants to go down that road again. It makes sense with a proven coach like Harbaugh, but I’m more than ok with that being a deal breaker.
There is also a chance Fitt has been told he will get a chance to be an actual GM with Rhule gone. That probably isn’t possible with Harbaugh.

• Pie 1