• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 Offensive PFF Grades

Cdparr7

Of all the unexpected things that happened this year, Chuba establishing himself as a legit RB2 was one I didn't see coming.  Obviously, the much-improved offensive line played a part, but Chuba broke a lot of tackles this season he didn't in past seasons.  I am guilty of a lot of Chuba slander, but he really did establish he can play in this league and was more than Mrs. Rhule's favorite.

All 3 primary RBs (after the CMC trade) played well.  I could still see us taking a RB in one of the later rounds, but it is nowhere as big of a need as I thought it would be once we traded CMC.

And anything over a 60 PFF grade is not bad, considering 50 is average.

The biggest takeaway from the offensive side (outside of QB), is the clear need to upgrade at TE, especially in terms of pass catching.  Both Ian Thomas and Tommy Tremble are pretty good at run blocking, and they will both be on the team next year, but neither offer much at all in the passing game.  And Stephen Sullivan is never going to be that guy IMO

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

to have Elflein and Bozeman separated by only 2.2 points shows how useless these stats are

Elf actually looked pretty good his first few games then fell off a bit. Boze had a pretty bad end of season, but yeah if you toss out the last 4 games he probably is ranked significantly higher than Elf

• Pie 1

They actually have Walker rated higher than Darnold. I guess they're seeing a lot of things on tape that aren't necessarily apparent in the game, or there counting a lot of those dangerous throws Darnold made to defensive backs and were batted down by receivers.

17 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

They actually have Walker rated higher than Darnold. I guess they're seeing a lot of things on tape that aren't necessarily apparent in the game, or there counting a lot of those dangerous throws Darnold made to defensive backs and were batted down by receivers.

I had the same question. 

PJ had a 76.6 run grade and 60.3 Pass Grade

Sam had a 45.3 run grade and 65.5 pass grade.

The difference was the fumbles that Sam had regardless of the recovery and the missed give or keep reads. Sam had quite a bit more RPO reads than PJ which played a factor as well.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

to have Elflein and Bozeman separated by only 2.2 points shows how useless these stats are

If you really watch Bozeman play, he is a great run blocker and an average to bad pass blocker.  Elflein is just the opposite.  Now if we could just make the two into one player that would be Ryan Kalil and we would be set.