• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Have your say: Which candidate for Head Coach do you want in Carolina?

panthersphan

Have your say: Which candidate for Head Coach do you want in Carolina?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Which candidate for Head Coach do you want in Carolina?

• Steve Wilks
    • Ben Johnson
    • Shane Steichen
    • Mike Kafka
    • Ken Dorsey
    • DeMeco Ryans
    • Kellen Moore
    • Jim Caldwell
    • Frank Reich
    • Jerod Mayo

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/14/2023 at 07:00 AM

I am all aboard the Steichen train.... The factum that he worked with Rivers, Herbert and Hurts and actually made Herbert and Hurts good QBs made me excited about the potential of our QB roster next season if he is hired.

I would love to see:

Shane Steichen - HC

Vic Fangio or Ejiro Evero- DC

Matt LaFluer or Frank Reich- OC

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 1/13/2023 at 2:02 PM, WarPanthers89 said:

Ben Johnson or DeMeco Ryan’s. I feel DeMeco will end up being an incredible head coach and he is a leader of men which is a HUGE part of being a head coach as you can tell from Wilks taking over after the fool Rhule. He’s the only defensive coach I want 

DeMeco Ryans is a product of Johnny Holland. A defensive coach is never good for building a team into a dominant offensive contender. They are good for maintaining a contender that an offensive coach has laid the foundation for. Ryans will be a very good DC for a long time with Holland having his back.

Ben Johnson is a product of a 4 headed OC with Campbell, Johnson, Brunell, and Staley. Johnson has not shown success in developing an offense, TEs, or QBs. Campbell placed him as the OC because he can communicate well with the QB/offense and does not rock the boat when Campbell, Brunell, and Staley weigh in with plays and planning like Lynn did. Johnson will not be good when he has to stand on his own and there should be no expectation of him developing a QB.

1 minute ago, CPantherKing said:

DeMeco Ryans is a product of Johnny Holland. A defensive coach is never good for building a team into a dominant offensive contender. They are good for maintaining a contender that an offensive coach has laid the foundation for. Ryans will be a very good DC for a long time with Holland having his back.

Ben Johnson is a product of a 4 headed OC with Campbell, Johnson, Brunell, and Staley. Johnson has not shown success in developing an offense, TEs, or QBs. Campbell placed him as the OC because he can communicate well with the QB/offense and does not rock the boat when Campbell, Brunell, and Staley weigh in with plays and planning like Lynn did. Johnson will not be good when he has to stand on his own and there should be no expectation of him developing a QB.

Did you go to the panthers lions game?

On 1/14/2023 at 3:25 AM, stan786 said:

Steichen for me, I like Johnson but I would prefer to see him do it a little longer and I dont really love the systems he came up in but I cant deny he did a wonderful job.

Rather have the guy with the track record with helping Develop two of the best QBs in the league.

There were several games that Philly had where they got behind in the game.   Steichen made in game adjustments and went onto win many of those games they were behind.

This is why I like Steichen the most. 

37 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

There were several games that Philly had where they got behind in the game.   Steichen made in game adjustments and went onto win many of those games they were behind.

This is why I like Steichen the most. 

And he’s got a good track record with developing young QBs 

4 hours ago, trueblade said:

So we are just going to forget the Bengals game happened?

No, that game was terrible as well. We were flat out played and or coached. The Bus game, we lost solely because we never shifted coverage and allowed one WR to beat us. I don't like either one, or the Steelers game. But a shift in coverage possibly cost us the Division.