• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Playoffs

Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, OceanPanther said:

Yes , coaching and quarterbacking matters.

trevor Lawrence, with one year of decent coaching is moving toward being that franchise Qb everyone is expecting out of him. 
I don’t expect the Jags to go far, but they won that last game when they had to. Baby steps.  
I wish it was us taking those baby steps with a potential franchise Qb 

If you have a coach and a QB you have the foundation for a contender. Their arrow is definitely pointing straight up.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, ladypanther said:

Jags and Niners here.  The Jags are kind of an underdog story which I love.  Purdy...big time underdog story.  Plus, always pulling for CMC.

Did I mention coaching matters?

I can't root for the 49ers. I have an insufferable 49ers fan buddy. I will never hear the end of it.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, Peon Awesome said:

This new overtime rules will be an interesting rule change. Seems like it would be advantageous to defer in overtime now. You know you're guaranteed a possession no matter what, so you'll know after the other team's first possession if you need to go for every 4th down if they get a td, or can plan a 2 point conversion to win. Or of course if the other team doesn't score, you know a fg will win it as opposed to starting first and worrying if a fg will be enough. Curious to see how they play it.

I'm not sure - If you defer, you are only guaranteed the ball for one possession to score. If you take the kick, you are guaranteed two possessions or the win as long as you can start with a TD.

2 hours ago, ECHornet said:

I like CMC too, but don’t see how Panthers fans could root for a 49ers win with so much draft position riding on it for us. 

To this day, why did they trade to the 49ers instead of the Rams 

a helluva lot of list draft position there 

one draft pick difference doesn’t equal that since that 2 looks like a high 3 and so on

a very Panthers thing to do 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

To this day, why did they trade to the 49ers instead of the Rams 

a helluva lot of list draft position there 

one draft pick difference doesn’t equal that since that 2 looks like a high 3 and so on

a very Panthers thing to do 

I think Christian wanted to go to SF more. Nothing else makes sense. 

• Pie 2