• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With our second pick in the draft…

JawnyBlaze

I know the trade here won't happen, but...... If we could work our way up to #5 and grab a QB.....

Free Agency:  Find a bridge QB, TE, and resign Boz/Foreman, and a veteran DT.

We need a DE, CB, and LB depth out of this draft.  If Williams is healthy he can compete for the #2-3 CB.  Move Chinn back to OLB.  Start the T'oo T'oo train.  Joseph is a heady safety, Tippmann is the perfect IOL for us.  Can play center, but also 6'6 315lbs, can play G or RT as well. Having him and Mayes provides great depth at the interior.  Schoonmaker is a perfect blocking TE, but I would also throw a bag at either Irv Smith Jr. or Gilseki during free agency.  Cut Ian Thomas and Eflin.  The rest of our picks provide quality depth.  McIntosh could be a legit homerun threat at RB.

image.thumb.png.5f4867c8a371549e6301c6c8905ee774.png

image.png

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, BeenPounding said:

I know the trade here won't happen, but...... If we could work our way up to #5 and grab a QB.....

Free Agency:  Find a bridge QB, TE, and resign Boz/Foreman, and a veteran DT.

We need a DE, CB, and LB depth out of this draft.  If Williams is healthy he can compete for the #2-3 CB.  Move Chinn back to OLB.  Start the T'oo T'oo train.  Joseph is a heady safety, Tippmann is the perfect IOL for us.  Can play center, but also 6'6 315lbs, can play G or RT as well. Having him and Mayes provides great depth at the interior.  Schoonmaker is a perfect blocking TE, but I would also throw a bag at either Irv Smith Jr. or Gilseki during free agency.  Cut Ian Thomas and Eflin.  The rest of our picks provide quality depth.  McIntosh could be a legit homerun threat at RB.

image.thumb.png.5f4867c8a371549e6301c6c8905ee774.png

image.png

What NFL Position is ED?   lol

In regards to waiting and not trading up, taking the second or third TE, I just want to get the best possible players, we have lots of “good” players, we don’t have that many big needs, I’d rather use a couple picks to move up and take the best possible player at a position. In this case I’d rather have a quarter than three dimes when there’s only so many players on the field at a time. Especially when one of the picks isn’t one of our originals but one we got in a trade package. 

On 1/20/2023 at 5:26 AM, Smithers said:

Tight ends tend to drop sometimes.  If Mayer is there in the early 2nd, surely we take him.

Not a blue chip like this dude. Unless he bombs the combine/Pro day or gets injured he's not getting out of the teens.  Conversely if he runs stellar and has an awesome showing, Mayer will be knocking on the door of the top 10.

15 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Not a blue chip like this dude. Unless he bombs the combine/Pro day or gets injured he's not getting out of the teens.  Conversely if he runs stellar and has an awesome showing, Mayer will be knocking on the door of the top 10.

I do think Mayer will drop some after the combine. I don’t expect him to blow away the 40 or agility drills. He is ~270lbs though.